Silly things you've done when tired?

Fab1

I came home from nightshift the other day and ordered an impellor for my motor online.I waited a few days to receive it to only find out i ordered the wrong one like a goose.

I ordered the right one but wrong year model.😂😂😂

That's just one stupid thing I've done lately.

• Like 1

Fishing late one night, I opened the thermos to have a coffee, and put the thermos down, but it was outside the boat, dropped straight into the water, as I tried to grab it, I knocked my coffee cup off the gunnel into the water too!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, noelm said:

Fishing late one night, I opened the thermos to have a coffee, and put the thermos down, but it was outside the boat, dropped straight into the water, as I tried to grab it, I knocked my coffee cup off the gunnel into the water too!

😂😂😂 A few choice words would of followed that.

• Like 3

Just thought of a funny thing I did at work, when I worked in IT we did big computer change overs at night so there was minimal impact on employees, it was a pretty simple process, email setup, data transfer and so on, the new computer would be delivered by the storeman to the right desk, and we would unpack it, set it up to the network, image it, then do the data transfer, and pack the old one in the box the new one came in. We had done probably 30 machines and it was getting late (maybe 1am) I was working like a robot, but didn't realise I had imaged the old original machine, packed the new one back in its box, sealed it up and labeled it, ready for the store man to pick up and warehouse. The next morning I got a call from the employee asking where her new computer was, everyone else had one, I logged on remotely and guessed what I had done, I ran like a lunatic over to the store and a big truck was there loading on the old stuff, I rummaged through them to find the "old" machine with her name on the carton, and unpacked it to find the brand new machine all neatly packed again, I retrieved it and delivered it myself and set it up, we both had a good laugh about it.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Just thought of a funny thing I did at work, when I worked in IT we did big computer change overs at night so there was minimal impact on employees, it was a pretty simple process, email setup, data transfer and so on, the new computer would be delivered by the storeman to the right desk, and we would unpack it, set it up to the network, image it, then do the data transfer, and pack the old one in the box the new one came in. We had done probably 30 machines and it was getting late (maybe 1am) I was working like a robot, but didn't realise I had imaged the old original machine, packed the new one back in its box, sealed it up and labeled it, ready for the store man to pick up and warehouse. The next morning I got a call from the employee asking where her new computer was, everyone else had one, I logged on remotely and guessed what I had done, I ran like a lunatic over to the store and a big truck was there loading on the old stuff, I rummaged through them to find the "old" machine with her name on the carton, and unpacked it to find the brand new machine all neatly packed again, I retrieved it and delivered it myself and set it up, we both had a good laugh about it.

😂😂😂 The look on your face would have been priceless when you realised what happened.

Silly things I’ve done when tired (or drunk etc.):

* Put 600ml of oil into the petrol tank of my new 4 stroke mower.

* Rubbed toothpaste into sore muscles after soccer.

* Put Dencorub on my toothbrush.

* Proposed to my (now) wife.

Oh, hang on! One more... posted a list of silly things I’ve done in a public forum! 😂

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Silly things I’ve done when tired (or drunk etc.):

* Put 600ml of oil into the petrol tank of my new 4 stroke mower.

* Rubbed toothpaste into sore muscles after soccer.

* Put Dencorub on my toothbrush.

* Proposed to my (now) wife.

Oh, hang on! One more... posted a list of silly things I’ve done in a public forum! 😂

Yeah,agree with the proposing to wife.I'm 25yrs defacto and still not stupid enough to do that on one.😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just thought of a doozy, just imagine you have been out and had a few drinks, had a Kebab, and got home late, get into bed and wake up a couple of hours later with the "dry horrors" mouth parched, wander out to the fridge, pick up a carton of milk to have a drink straight out of the carton, take a big gulp, only to find out your wife is reusing the milk container to keep old cooking oil before putting it in the bin....you just haven't lived untill you get a mouthful of old oil at 2am....eeeyew!

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

One morning I hadn't had much sleep at all but headed out for a fish spent 5 minutes cranking the boat in reverse thinking WTF is going on why are the rollers so stiff when I realised I forgot to undo the chain 

Lol. I’ve done similar. Launching the boat, I did unhook the chain but I just couldn’t push the boat off the rollers. It had been a while between trips, so I thought the rollers must have seized up. I drove back up the ramp a bit and reversed back down quickly and hit the brakes hard... it still wouldn’t budge... so I put the trailer in deeper and tried to reverse the boat off. I churned up a lot of water but still couldn’t budge it! I pulled it out again, confused. Then I realised the tie downs were still on! 😳 

Then there was the time I launched solo very early one cold winter morning at Parsley Bay. I think this was one of my first trips in my new boat.  I pushed the boat off the trailer... it slid off quickly and easily. Too easily! I failed to grab the bow rope and the boat just careered out into the middle of the bay! I stripped down to my undies and swam out to the boat. This boat (current boat) is bigger than my old tinny and I struggled to climb in, so I swam to the bow and I just managed to grab a bit of the bow rope that was hanging down. I swam it back in by the rope. Took a while and I was exhausted! After I tied it off, parked the car and trailer, dried off and got dressed again, I then remembered I had a step at the stern that I could have climbed on to!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Lol. I’ve done similar. Launching the boat, I did unhook the chain but I just couldn’t push the boat off the rollers. It had been a while between trips, so I thought the rollers must have seized up. I drove back up the ramp a bit and reversed back down quickly and hit the brakes hard... it still wouldn’t budge... so I put the trailer in deeper and tried to reverse the boat off. I churned up a lot of water but still couldn’t budge it! I pulled it out again, confused. Then I realised the tie downs were still on! 😳 

Then there was the time I launched solo very early one cold winter morning at Parsley Bay. I think this was one of my first trips in my new boat.  I pushed the boat off the trailer... it slid off quickly and easily. Too easily! I failed to grab the bow rope and the boat just careered out into the middle of the bay! I stripped down to my undies and swam out to the boat. This boat (current boat) is bigger than my old tinny and I struggled to climb in, so I swam to the bow and I just managed to grab a bit of the bow rope that was hanging down. I swam it back in by the rope. Took a while and I was exhausted! After I tied it off, parked the car and trailer, dried off and got dressed again, I then remembered I had a step at the stern that I could have climbed on to!

Stripping down to the budgie smugglers on a winter morning, very brave ! But i guess given the circumstances you had no choice haha. 

Heres one that happens to me regularly, say, once every two months. I work in the City and catch a train from Townhall on the Leppington line. The platform i get on serves both the Leppington and Bankstown lines.

So when im buggered after a long day i just hop on the first  train that arrives and dont realise until im somewhere near bloody Marrickville that im on the wrong train DOH. Usually adds another 30 minutes to my trip by either doing the loop the long way or getting off and doubling back to Redfern Station

• Like 1

After pulling an all nighter at work I fell asleep riding home on my motorbike.

Slumping over I banged my helmet on the handle bars, waking up just as I was about to run off the road.
Luckily I managed to stay upright and naturally never rode the bike to work again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hooked up the boat, attached the chain and wire for the lights and did not lock it down on the ball and just drove off - In the next street it jumped off and dragged along the road behind the car- (Who else has done this be honest)

• Like 1

Last winter i went out for a night fish and as always back at the ramp i beach it the  jump out over the side.

I thought I'd be clever and wear my gumboots so my tootsies stayed dry.

Well as you might of guessed i jumped out in water that went up to mid thigh.😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plethora said:

Hooked up the boat, attached the chain and wire for the lights and did not lock it down on the ball and just drove off - In the next street it jumped off and dragged along the road behind the car- (Who else has done this be honest)

Happened to me last it me I took the boat out. The thing is, the towball was all the way in, and the locking pin secured. No idea how she came off. Luckily it was only at the end of the street. Made a hell of a noise at 5am in the morning though. 

A few years ago a mate of mine and his old man were towing their boat down to bermagui, somewhere along the line the bolts sheared off on one of the wheels on the boat trailer, they heard a bang and then saw a wheel fly past them, settling about 1km away as it bounced along the road 😂

Anyways being a saturday morning and nothing much was open, and they didn't want to pay for a towtruck,  luckily the house they ground to a halt in front of was a fisherman himself, and let them park the trailer in their yard.

So they removed the hub and all after chasing down the tyre, and found a mechanic that was open and he repaired the bolts etc while they waited. Legend. The boys were both buggered and still had a few hours drive, but they took the gear back and fitted it back to the trailer and set off on their way late in the arvo

I shit you not about 200m down the road they heard the exact same bang and low and behold flying past them was the wheel off their bloody trailer! This time coming to rest against a parked car! They had both assumed that each other had done up the wheel nuts 😂😂😂

Needless to say they were too embarrased to take the hub back to the same mechanic

• Haha 5

Guest Guest123456789

I once fell asleep bait fishing for bream in my tinny at the haven. Woke up to an early morning swimmer, old guy in budgie smugglers and a pink swim cap, climbing aboard at the transom. I asked him what he was doing to which he replied ‘nothing’ and proceeded to swim off.

3 hours ago, wcurrall said:

A few years ago a mate of mine and his old man were towing their boat down to bermagui, somewhere along the line the bolts sheared off on one of the wheels on the boat trailer, they heard a bang and then saw a wheel fly past them, settling about 1km away as it bounced along the road 😂

Anyways being a saturday morning and nothing much was open, and they didn't want to pay for a towtruck,  luckily the house they ground to a halt in front of was a fisherman himself, and let them park the trailer in their yard.

So they removed the hub and all after chasing down the tyre, and found a mechanic that was open and he repaired the bolts etc while they waited. Legend. The boys were both buggered and still had a few hours drive, but they took the gear back and fitted it back to the trailer and set off on their way late in the arvo

I shit you not about 200m down the road they heard the exact same bang and low and behold flying past them was the wheel off their bloody trailer! This time coming to rest against a parked car! They had both assumed that each other had done up the wheel nuts 😂😂😂

Needless to say they were too embarrased to take the hub back to the same mechanic

That’s gold!

We use to waterski on the George’s after work.   The boat was a Furguson hill with 350chev and required the trailer in deep.  We disconnected the trailer from the car and used a rope to join the two.  The rope came off the trailer and it launched itself into the depths sinking into that icky mud.    Eventually we were able to get a rope tied to it to pull it out. 

I was at a party on a Friday night, that went on forever. Sunrise we decided to go water skiing. I hit a submerged buoy and down she went. By the way it was a Hammod ski boat with a 340 Chrysler. I eventually resecued it and Insurance paid.

I believe I got out of jail when the Insuance paid. Boat damaged and a complete rebuilt motor.

Cheers.

• Like 1

camping on a beach with a few mates for a couple nights. we all had a tent each and had a central 3x3 meter gazebo in the middle back beyond the high tide line where we stored gas stoves, food, our catches, spare cloths, and pretty much everything besides the gear, bait and a few snacks & drinks. The first night came long, calm and perfect weather. I couldn't sleep, i'm a very light sleeper and just kept waking up to the odd large wave breaking, so i did a all nighter and just fished. 

following evening (just gone past the first 24 hours being there) the tide was really low so i moved my stuff closer, tent, chair, the lot without much thought of the high tide that would soon come in. 9pm comes along, no fish, so i goto bed shortly after. I soon awoke around midnight to waves entering the tent. everything was soaked besides my rods which were in their rodholders behind the tent. Thank god it was mid spring and i had spare cloths.

• Haha 5

• 4 months later...

Once went to Cronulla beach all day for a school excursion. We were surfing and swimming and when I got home I was pretty tired. Anyway I got home and there was a good tide and the conditions were good to head out for a fish at my local spot. Rode my bike to the spot and I didn’t take a bucket which was silly of me so I had the bait in my tackle backpack. As I was riding home I was feeling very tired and still had a very big hill to climb. After getting home I washed all my stuff and went inside to rest. But I forgot about the bait in my bag. Next time I went to open the garage to get my stuff it smelt like someone had died in there. I was think what is that smell? Then I remembered the bait. I opened my bag and almost vomited. My bag still has a smell of rotting herring to this day. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1