Silly things you've done when tired?

Fab1

Is the stipulation in this thread that you had to be tired as sometimes these things happen to me even when I am not 🙄 🤣

A few years ago I just bought a my 1st new crab pot, spent some time setting it up to be legal & reinforcing it with cable ties etc, set up the nylon rope at 4 equal points coming into 1 in the centre I was going to tie the main line to with the float.

Took it out & found what I thought would be a good spot & dropped it over the side & then held onto the main line with the float waiting for all the slack to take up before dropping that over only it never happened.

I had forgotten to tie the main line to the centre line on the pot & had already gone about 50mtrs past where I dropped it 🤪

I scoured the area for 15 minutes or so but couldn't find it & went home with my tail between my legs.

Its a good thing they are only $15 😂

• Sad 2

Back in the early 80’s & still at home did an all-nighter fishing after work & the next night was on my way to the second of 3 party’s, pulled up at a set of traffic lights & looked across to a car pulling up next to me, next thing I was looking at bitumen ( forgot to put my feet down) the next morning being a bit worse for wear I took the laundry down & then lifted the laundry basket & proceeded to pee into it, sounded strange & stopped mid stream & quickly pulled the washing out of the toilet, lucky I didn’t flush & it was washing day 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Not something I've done but I caught my sister in law "servicing" her old Corolla a few years a go by draining the oil and getting the hose ready to put water in the engine to "wash the engine out" before putting new oil in. lol. 

I got there just as she pulled the hose up to the oil intake. (Saved her car) 

The wife and I were stunned, but she did prove to me what I've always suspected. No brains lol. Wife agreed for once.

Edited by kaniSS

4 hours ago, kaniSS said:

Not something I've done but I caught my sister in law "servicing" her old Corolla a few years a go by draining the oil and getting the hose ready to put water in the engine to "wash the engine out" before putting new oil in. lol. 

I got there just as she pulled the hose up to the oil intake. (Saved her car) 

The wife and I were stunned, but she did prove to me what I've always suspected. No brains lol. Wife agreed for once.

Hope she doesn't see this report mate or you and your wife are in trouble LOL. Actually real good that you turned up when you did... Cheers, bn

• Like 1

17 hours ago, big Neil said:

Hope she doesn't see this report mate or you and your wife are in trouble LOL. Actually real good that you turned up when you did... Cheers, bn

Hope she does mate hahahah Can't stand her.

• Haha 1

on hols with the family a month ago on the GC, lucky enough to have a place on the canals with mooring- so boat tied up, couple of hard days fishing and as you may of heard the GC had a torrential overnight downpour centered right on Broadbeach where we were staying. SOO- my boat has 2 big bilge pumps but not on a float switch - i tend to sleep well at the best of times so didnt realise how much had actually fallen overnight, woke up to alarm at 5 -heard the rain and rolled over back to sleep-I dont normally sleep past 6am so woke up then and was going to lie in BUT LUCKILY a little voice in my head told me to stand up and have a look at the boat-f#$%- boat was listed right over, bolted out into rain falling like a firehose was spraying me , when i got to the boat it was just about to go gunnel down and i was reluctant to climb on so scooped about 200 litres out with a 20l bucket then jumped on , flicked the batteries on and got both pumps going-took a deep breath, kicked the engine on and thankfully watched as she arose from the depths. It was very near thing, my mate and I both reckoned another 20 minute of rain (and it rained all day) and my boat would of rolled, as it was only issue was fresh water in the hull and none intruding anywhere critical . Lesson learnt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago when we used to fish "the Banks" regularly, I used to fumble around in the dark getting dressed so I didn't turn any lights on to wake up my wife (if she wasn't fishing with me) and one morning, I opened the bathroom drawer, felt around for the deodorant in a drawer that resembled a pharmacy (like all women's bathrooms) and sprayed hair styling mousse under my arms.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noelm said:

OH, and squirted Dencorub on my toothbrush once, but the smell gave it away before I put it in my mouth.

Talking about dencorub, years ago as a young bloke I was working on an extension at the rexona factory & asked the guy at the Roll on dencorub applicator cream conveyor  belt if I could have some. He gave me 6 roll ons & I handed them out in the locker room before Saturdays soccer game , well 15 minutes into the game everyone that had used it was complaining about teary eyes & extremely hot balls to the extent that some of the guys ended up cooling there nuts down with water for relief (it felt like a hot chilli rub)🥵,  needless to say with over half the team having trouble focusing we lost the game. On the Monday I mentioned it to the guy at rexona & he pissed himself laughing & said they usually wait 3 months before shipping out boxes of dencorub to let the heat settle down