More flathead

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Had a small window to fish this morning so I put the boat in about 9am due back at 12pm. Headed straight for the flathead grounds which being 4 nautical miles offshore takes my little tinny 90 mins there and back so 90 mins on the water.

absolutely beautiful weather conditions. First drop bloody jackets snipped me which was to be a problem all morning. Bloody things took a great deal of my tackle. Ended up with 4 and saw a humpback breach 10 metres from me! Thanks for reading. 

Luke

9D705AAD-FB66-4991-AE96-8E0F807FCE30.jpeg

Guest Guest123456789
7 hours ago, Welster said:

You have to love sneaking out for a quick fish but those jackets :ranting2:

I caught a few of them and fed them to the albatross. I was marking some good fish around 30 metres looked 80cm+. The water was that nice blue colour and 19.4 degrees. I caught a just legal tailor and sent it down live. I have multi coloured braid with white marks every metre the fricken pests snipped it not more than 10 metres down 😡 

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

26 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

I caught a few of them and fed them to the albatross. I was marking some good fish around 30 metres looked 80cm+. The water was that nice blue colour and 19.4 degrees. I caught a just legal tailor and sent it down live. I have multi coloured braid with white marks every metre the fricken pests snipped it not more than 10 metres down 😡 

That’s frustrating.   The blue water is always promising. 

Last time out I lost heaps of gear.  My gear had been sprayed with Inox I’m not sure if that played a part. 

Guest Guest123456789
4 hours ago, Welster said:

That’s frustrating.   The blue water is always promising. 

Last time out I lost heaps of gear.  My gear had been sprayed with Inox I’m not sure if that played a part. 

I’ve heard if you spray your gear with citronella oil it helps.