Mid north coast guidance

Alek

Hey guys,

Long time reader here, first time poster.

My friend and I are heading up to the mid north coast next week for some beach fishing, looking to bag our first mulloway after many hours spent across Syd/south beaches with little success.  

I know many are reluctant to share “secret” spots and I respect that but I’m just after a  General sense of direction in terms of which areas would be a good start. 

We’re looking at staying near Port Macquarie but happy to venture out a bit If need be! 

I’ve read about grants beach, been told to try near lake Cathie, but keen to get some tips from those who’ve been and are happy to steer a keen angler in the right direction. 

Also keen to know if generally it’s a good time of year to fish up this way, but from what I can see this beautiful part of the world can produce at any time? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I appreciate the time you’ve taken to read this and any contribution will be highly regarded.

Cheers,

Al

On 8/12/2019 at 6:57 PM, blairy69 said:

Blackmans Point near the entrance to the Maria River - Jeweys at night

Is this a land or bot spot? We’ve been trying Dunbogan because we staying here and have had lots of bites on the walls, huge runs but sadly everything’s broken off 100lb leader! What could it be? 

We caught a few shovel nose sharks, stingrays and port Jackson but none of those ran the same way as those huge runs. 

Any suggestions what it might be? Possibly a Jew or are we too optimistic haha :) 

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2019 at 2:59 AM, Alek said:

Is this a land or bot spot? We’ve been trying Dunbogan because we staying here and have had lots of bites on the walls, huge runs but sadly everything’s broken off 100lb leader! What could it be? 

We caught a few shovel nose sharks, stingrays and port Jackson but none of those ran the same way as those huge runs. 

Any suggestions what it might be? Possibly a Jew or are we too optimistic haha :) 

Sorry mate only just saw this - this is land based but boat would be better - there is a small boat ramp at the end of the road have a look around there for a spot but its a very fishy spot