Central coast blackies

rickmarlin62

Had a crack yday arvo on the rocks  up here on the coast  testing a new spot to fish this arvo for my comp wknd  bagged out in 2hrs and pulled hook out of 4   broke 35cms off the tip of my new rod  daiwa sweepfire 12fter  not happy   my bad highsticking trying to wash a fish out   im gunna bite the bullet and buy an mt4126  these graphites are too delicate   anyway goin bak today or tmrw to get a few more  ps  all on cabbage  old school newcastle rig heavy float two traces  avon royal  broken rod  on second fish

20190809_070128.jpg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Had a crack yday arvo on the rocks  up here on the coast  testing a new spot to fish this arvo for my comp wknd  bagged out in 2hrs and pulled hook out of 4   broke 35cms off the tip of my new rod  daiwa sweepfire 12fter  not happy   my bad highsticking trying to wash a fish out   im gunna bite the bullet and buy an mt4126  these graphites are too delicate   anyway goin bak today or tmrw to get a few more  ps  all on cabbage  old school newcastle rig heavy float two traces  avon royal  broken rod  on second fish

20190809_070128.jpg

How do you cook them? 

A very under rated fish, I once bought one from my local monger at $6.45kg, pretty cheap for a good fish! 

• 3 weeks later...

I cut two inches off the broken top half then poked the broken off tip inside it then taped it all together  then bagged out   bought new rod the other day  glass this time  a wilson  hope to try it this wknd   you have to improvise sometimes neil