Displeasure

rickmarlin62

Ive just spent a couple of hrs watching 10 gents of an asian persuasion catching dozens of small bream trevally wrasse sweep kelpfish  al good species were undersize  then process them on a table they carried down onto the rocks  then either eat or put peices in a container in a esky   im furious watching these idiots rape my local rocks like a processing plant   no use ringin fisheries theres no evidence left  all fed to birds   ive never seen it before and i hope i dont see it again   ps some ate wearing life jackets but mpst have gum boots or moon boots on

20190810_091706.jpg

• Sad 3

A@sehol#s!!

You need a better camera with a tele lens Rick so you can capture them in the act& get their faces on record.

Name & same if possible!

Still I would be reporting it to fisheries, at least they could do more patrols in the area & hopefully catch them in the act one day.

I used to frequent the Gymea Bay baths a while back (less than a year) and on weekends it would be full of asian families just smashing baby kingfish non stop. Running the sabiki rigs and throwing all sizes caught into a bucket.... Nothing over 20cm

Similar level of outrage, similar level of helplessness when it came to doing anything.

I've stopped fishing the area for that reason alone.... 

Just managed to speak with one that speaks english   can u swim  no   do u have lj   no   do u know those boots will drown u  no   do u know a guy drowned 500mtrs from here 3 weeks ago   no    its a joke  im sick of hearin bout these morons being washed in n drowned putting pressure from idiots in government on us rockfishos that do right thing    rant finished !!!!!!!!!!@!!!

You'll find that most of them will speak English well enough to understand what's being said to them; no speak English is used to avoid confrontations. And before anyone starts I'm first generation aussie and my parents and their friends did the same trick when they felt the need.

Such a shame. god this boils my blood. I would most definitely report to the fisheries even if there is no evidence or ID. 

also rick try to get their number plate if you can. 

I would of lost the plot if I was there 😆

it's hard to be civil in circumstances like this, especially when people be ignorant. 

I'd be locked up as this is my pet hate.Right up there with idiots leaving filth in "OUR" Bushland etc.

These people only understand one language Rick, but the problem is not many are prepared to give them "Free" language and swimming lessons hence it continues to happen.

Watching someone do the wrong thing without getting involved achieves nothing.

Not having a dig at you mate as i know your reasons for not doing more than you did.Just saying that there's no point getting upset really as while we as a race  continue to stand back and do nothing these vermin that do these things will continue to do the wrong thing destroying everything in their path dud to greed.

We all need to report any illegal fishing activity. Enough reports at a particular spot will get the rangers attention.

reporting car rego helps also. Because if such car is at the parking lot it would give the rangers something to lookat. They dont even need to get out and check.

They have bloody drones now that capture your every move. Think about that next time you are fishing

Ive kicked over buckets of small fish and had violent confrontations in the past  but 10 against one are not good odds  there was dozens of cars parked so its hard to pik whose is whose car   i have called fisheries numerous times on mobs like this  by the time they can get to where its happening and the fact the heads frames and skins were being thrown in or fed to birds  they have told me its in the too hard basket   swansea only has a couple of officers and they have a large area to cover    if they had a quantity of whole undersize fish i would have made more of an effort   but even if fisheries get there most of it is eaten or in small slices in containers so its hard to discern what is in containers   so  as i am trying to describe my hands are tied on actively curtailing these idiots activities as they dont give a shit bout rules regs or doing the right thing     unless you have been in this predicament its hard to judge my actions but you should be able to read my frustration    !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Time22 said:

It's the same at Terrigal haven with sea urchins they get bags full take them to their car then return for more usually about 8 people in the group... 

Yep I've seen the same thing happen down here in the Illawarra.

I think next time im going to throw a urchin at their face and see how they like it lol! 

G’day raiders, 

Firstly, these type of incidents are more common than we care to imagine. They are not isolated to any one race and point blank they are breaking the law! 

The only thing we can do is lead by example and report any illegal activity to the appropriate authorities! 

Thanks  for your input. 

This thread is now locked. 

Regards scratchie mod team 

• Like 2