Raymarine Dragonfly 5 pro

daniel944

Hi all

I am thinking of replacing my ageing monochrome hummingbird sounder with a Dragonfly 5 pro. I am hoping some of you here can help me with a few questions :

- I am a little concerned with reliability. I am in marine rescue and we have a problem with some of our raymarine gear. My humminbird sounder is over 10 yrs old and working perfectly, could I expect the same from raymarine and should it fail outside of warranty is there a service / repair option? 

- when on the water I wear prescription polarised sunnies and at certain angles can not see the screen of the humminbird. Would the raymarine be any better? 

- I often fish in very shallow water and when drifting backwards into sand banks the humminbird transducer simply snaps out however the raymarine transducer does not seem to have that feature?? 

- Any other fishfinder / chart plotter models in the ~ $550 range to consider? 

thankyou! 

considering where technology has come just about anything you buy is going to be better than what youve got-if you like HB stick with it, personally i like Lowrance/Simrad but thats because im used to it- if you up your budget a bit then the options open right up-