Holiday fishing in Brisbane waters

Nyxy

Hello fellow raiders,

In the October holidays i'm planning on fishing with my grandfather around Blackwall point in his tinnie. I will target mostly flatties and bream as for me they are a consistent catch. I will have a 20lb setup and one maybe two 6-8lb setups. I know some spots that I will definitely drop a line at, but I was wondering if anyone had some tips or suggestions for me. I'm happy to answer any questions, but I will probably reply tomorrow as I am still in Highschool. 

Cheers Nyxy and happy fishing

• Like 1

Brisbane water was pretty quiet for me last weekend I spent 5 hours with my young one and didn't loose a bait. Not sure, if it was me, there weren't any fish or I was in the wrong spot/tide. I was around Paddy's channel 

If you are up for an early start, I go offshore on the weekends, so you'd be more than welcome to tag along. 

cheers

• Like 2

Guest Guest123456789

Apparently there have been some big kings taken on the booker bay side of the rip bridge. Do a search on facebook (I don’t have an account). So maybe a lash there with live bait or jigs will yield results. Otherwise bream around the racks on bait. Luderick as well my be worth a try but personally i haven’t targeted them yet in BW.

Im sure your grandpa will have a plan laid out for you, maybe just go with the flow as there is nothing worse than being told what to do and where to go by your decky (you). If he is new to BW though maybe a few suggestions will go down well

Mate by October the water warms up a couple of degrees in Brisbane Waters and the flattys really fire up, 12lb leader and vibes, 4-5inch paddle tails with as light a jig head you can get away with - generally 1/4, 3/8 and a 1/2 will cover most situations. I generally prefer to fish places with a bit of tidal run, but where the water runs through narrower channels etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, antonywardle said:

Brisbane water was pretty quiet for me last weekend I spent 5 hours with my young one and didn't loose a bait. Not sure, if it was me, there weren't any fish or I was in the wrong spot/tide. I was around Paddy's channel 

If you are up for an early start, I go offshore on the weekends, so you'd be more than welcome to tag along. 

i've had many days without a single fish in Brisbane Water, I could only ever link this with the tide as I have noticed days where fish have been hyper-effected in feeding tides. 

thanks for the offer but my parents are still big on "online stranger danger", give it a couple of years when i'm "independent" and ill chase you up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Apparently there have been some big kings taken on the booker bay side of the rip bridge. 

Im sure your grandpa will have a plan laid out for you.

I have heard of there being kings, ive caught some descent salmon on hardbody lures on the troll under the rip bridge.  I'll make sure to pack my lures and do some live(ish)-bait catching the day before.

yeah, he'll have a plan but is always open to my suggestions. Ill probably be the skipper this time as I've got my licence. 

thanks

Edited by Nyxy

5 hours ago, tyrone07 said:

Mate by October the water warms up a couple of degrees in Brisbane Waters and the flattys really fire up, 12lb leader and vibes, 4-5inch paddle tails with as light a jig head you can get away with - generally 1/4, 3/8 and a 1/2 will cover most situations. I generally prefer to fish places with a bit of tidal run, but where the water runs through narrower channels etc.

Ill need to restock my plastics and jigheads soon so ill put some vibes and big plastics in the cart too. 

I usually fish the channels and flats off of Blackwall point as I have narrowed the best producing spots down to a few square meters. 

thanks

Edited by Nyxy
blaxland>Blackwall