SAND SLED

chris b

1 hour ago, Mr Squidy said:

Awesome looking sled there Frank, very nice handiwork. Have to wonder why you would go and ruin it at the end with that sticker on the side though? :1onono:

Cheers,

Rich

Some how that dose not look like a sand sled to me  Rick

2 hours ago, Mr Squidy said:

Awesome looking sled there Frank, very nice handiwork. Have to wonder why you would go and ruin it at the end with that sticker on the side though? :1onono:

Cheers,

Rich

Rich. I originally made that buggie for a friend who lives in the North East England and is a member here John" Snatcher " and he is a massive fan of Newcastle so I thought it might be a nice touch for him . He comes here usually each year in summer and does a lot of shore based fishing so I made it for him to make things easier.

20181016_121648fs.thumb.jpg.a81515563b962bbfa92fd8c819bd9b8d.jpg

Frank

1 hour ago, frankS said:

Rich. I originally made that buggie for a friend who lives in the North East England and is a member here John" Snatcher " and he is a massive fan of Newcastle so I thought it might be a nice touch for him . He comes here usually each year in summer and does a lot of shore based fishing so I made it for him to make things easier.

Frank

That what call good old  Pomy  mates

15 hours ago, frankS said:

Frank

Yeah with Newcastle's performance over the last few years it makes sense he's doing regular trips to escape the English winter haha. Top effort building something so involved to help out a mate, a very cool BUGGY indeed...

Cheers,

Rich

1 hour ago, chris b said:

FRANKS  how do you get it to the beach Do you live close to the beach Tanks mats

Chris. The handle folds down and it fits in a normal sized cars boot. I have a station wagon so fits easily. What I do is place it in car empty then when I get to the destination I load it up and it takes about 100lb of weight, fishing gear usually weigh's less than 30 lb. John " Snatcher " could lift it onto a bus for transport wherever he goes. It's made of Aluminium so empty it is pretty light, the motor and wheels are the heaviest part of it. Would be easy to adapt sleds to fit over wheels IF you wanted to use man power to drag it but why drag when you can just steer ?.

Frank

3 hours ago, frankS said:

Chris. The handle folds down and it fits in a normal sized cars boot. I have a station wagon so fits easily. What I do is place it in car empty then when I get to the destination I load it up and it takes about 100lb of weight, fishing gear usually weigh's less than 30 lb. John " Snatcher " could lift it onto a bus for transport wherever he goes. It's made of Aluminium so empty it is pretty light, the motor and wheels are the heaviest part of it. Would be easy to adapt sleds to fit over wheels IF you wanted to use man power to drag it but why drag when you can just steer ?.

Frank

What about a hood  pomy  burn fast     😊

Chris. I don't fish beach these days as my health does not allow me to cast and I would battle to just walk onto a beach these days. Back when I could I fished North Entrance beach OR down south Bermagui area.

Frank

20 hours ago, frankS said:

Chris. I don't fish beach these days as my health does not allow me to cast and I would battle to just walk onto a beach these days. Back when I could I fished North Entrance beach OR down south Bermagui area.

Frank

NOT to good my self that is why I need the chair in the sled I cant stand  for to long and my lunch and a drink or two  I will just tell you some thing I lived in st marys as a kid the first  day I got my licence after work  I started go to the N Entrance and  fish the run out nearly  every week for many years  Parked the old combi I the car park  and slept in it  when I was not fishing I love that place Some knight  I fish right through  the night come home in   morning and go to work I pull some grate snapper  and Jews out of the run out   I had grate memories of that place    And  Frank most of the time was on my own

Edited by chris b

On 8/15/2019 at 2:47 PM, back cruncher said:

Hi all...Chris,all good ideas mate.ive seen beach going wheel chairs to get the disabled people onto the beach,big light weight plastic ballon tyres .one person pushing them on soft dry sand.you won’t need wheels that big though.

the kids are putting pvc pipe over there tyres so they can slide there carts and trikes.they let the air out of tyres,slip pvc over tyre then pump tyre up to lock in pvc.

rick mentioned Belmont beach,I call it blacksmiths beach,it’s is one of the softest beaches around.so if Rick managed on that beach pulling a cart,your on a winner.

Good thank Crunche  Did you read how II will make my sled  with the wheels The weigh will be over a large  surface  Then the wheels and a sit  with a back in it for my bad back

On 8/15/2019 at 2:33 PM, Mr Squidy said:

I think  you will fine he is a POM

Cheers,

Rich