Land based La Perouse Point

Fufu

Hi All

Wondering if anyone has had any luck chasing squid and kingfish or anything else really from the picture below. 

I’ve walked the area before and look like there’s a lot of kelp and sea grass

Not after any secret spots or anything like that, just want to know if the area fishes well?

P.s I know Bare Island can fish well but gets busy sometimes 

Cheers 

Fufu

CD9967C9-6FAE-4DE1-8101-24A7B679CEE4.png

Edited by Fufu
Spelling

It is more of a squid grounds area around there & I would not discount the occasional king cruising the area but I wouldn't say its a usual place for them.

On any day they could be anywhere! 

Ive seen people catch nice whiting of Congwong beach but you have to dodge the swimmers as well.

If you do some searching on here you will find lots of threads relating to BB that may help.

Edited by kingie chaser

Thanks guys

Yeah I’ve fished congwong. Had some success with flathead, bream and whiting. I enjoy fishing there but yes, swimmers can be a problem 

I had a feeling La Perouse point was more a squid area and certainly does look snaggy. 

I wonder if certain rigs would do better there because it’s so snaggy

Fufu

23 hours ago, jnrfinatic said:

A couple of months back, me, my dad and my brother used to go squid fishing to the left of the bridge and had success . Lost a coupla squid jigs there, very snaggy place all around the bridge. 

Dad used to fish the bridge a lot at night and quite often he had success with squid. 

Hope this helps! 

Adem 

Are you talking to the left of the bridge in the Google satellite image above mate or to the left of the bridge when standing on it facing Bare Island?