Easy way to hitch trailer

Fab1

That movie has around for a while now, he was pretty lucky it turned and went across the street, if  it continued down the hill it might have got interesting

Edited by noelm

I actually had that happen to me with a box trailer full of blue metal. It was hooked up to the car at the top of our steep driveway while I was doing some landscaping. My wife needed the car to go out, so I unhooked it to move it over to the side. It didn’t roll down the driveway but went through the garden and over the rocks to the side, coming to rest in the grass below just before the footpath, with me still hanging on to it. It was a much tougher job to barrow the gravel up to the backyard from there... and I could only do that after I’d cleaned up my skinned knees! My son’s prized Nissan Silvia S14 finished up in the same spot due to hand brake failure while he left it idling - it was a write off (rather him do it there than on the road though!). 2nd time for him... another of his cars sailed straight down the driveway, across the road and up the lawn into our neighbour’s  garden bed. My lawn mower once did the same thing when I started it... it mowed a strip up the neighbour’s lawn - he had a great old laugh while he drank beer and watched me finish mowing his lawn! 😂 Like father, like son, I guess... the handbrake on my 1975 VW Kombi failed once... it rolled down the driveway on an angle, backwards over the letter box, then did a little pirouette, before rolling back, nose first over the downed letterbox and coming to rest in the garden, looking like a naughty puppy!

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I actually had that happen to me with a box trailer full of blue metal. It was hooked up to the car at the top of our steep driveway while I was doing some landscaping. My wife needed the car to go out, so I unhooked it to move it over to the side. It didn’t roll down the driveway but went through the garden and over the rocks to the side, coming to rest in the grass below just before the footpath, with me still hanging on to it. It was a much tougher job to barrow the gravel up to the backyard from there... and I could only do that after I’d cleaned up my skinned knees! My son’s prized Nissan Silvia S14 finished up in the same spot due to hand brake failure while he left it idling - it was a write off (rather him do it there than on the road though!). 2nd time for him... another of his cars sailed straight down the driveway, across the road and up the lawn into our neighbour’s  garden bed. My lawn mower once did the same thing when I started it... it mowed a strip up the neighbour’s lawn - he had a great old laugh while he drank beer and watched me finish mowing his lawn! 😂 Like father, like son, I guess... the handbrake on my 1975 VW Kombi failed once... it rolled down the driveway on an angle, backwards over the letter box, then did a little pirouette, before rolling back, nose first over the downed letterbox and coming to rest in the garden, looking like a naughty puppy!

I believe you wholeheartedly Baz 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

You need to buy a house on a flat block baz

That was at the old house in “Schitney”. Up here in the Bay, the driveway slopes down to the side of the house, with the garage a side entry under the house but a straight run into the boatport. Well, the driveway curves too, which makes it interesting reversing the trailer down but at least it’s level up on the street.