Anyone from Forster

noelm

Noel. I regard you as a mate so please don't take this the wrong way. For anyone to take up your request could lead to displeasure.

About 2 years ago a friend asked me to check out a boat for a mate of his, which I was happy to do, the boat was great with no apparent  faults and I thought it was a great buy. I relayed my thoughts to my mate and his mate came down from Brisbane and purchased the boat. 3 months later I was informed that the motor had been cooked on the boat and the mates mate was expecting ME to make good the repairs ( turned out a plastic bag foiled the water intake and was driven till the motor cooked ) but the owner was holding me responsible because in his mind , I gave him a bum steer on buying the boat. Anyhow over a month or 2 with back and forth conversations led to me and my mate not talking to each other, so I lost a so called mate over something that was completely out of my control.

Not a true mate cause a true mate would have stuck by me, but I am saying BE CAREFUL !!.

It won't stop me from doing anything I can to help someone out, it's just one experience I want to share with others to warn them what can happen.

Frank

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, frankS said:

I relayed my thoughts to my mate and his mate came down from Brisbane and purchased the boat.

Its at that point at this point any so called 'responsibility' on your part should have ceased not that I believe it should exist at all!!

My point being your simply making a suggestion that it is worth looking at further, its then up to the end buyer to take the steps go through it further in more depth with an inspection & not just pull his cheque book out on your advice.

Had he got it serviced upon returning to Brisvagas it probably wouldn't have happened!

Its a shame your ex mate couldn't see it that way 😕

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, frankS said:

Noel. I regard you as a mate so please don't take this the wrong way. For anyone to take up your request could lead to displeasure.

About 2 years ago a friend asked me to check out a boat for a mate of his, which I was happy to do, the boat was great with no apparent  faults and I thought it was a great buy. I relayed my thoughts to my mate and his mate came down from Brisbane and purchased the boat. 3 months later I was informed that the motor had been cooked on the boat and the mates mate was expecting ME to make good the repairs ( turned out a plastic bag foiled the water intake and was driven till the motor cooked ) but the owner was holding me responsible because in his mind , I gave him a bum steer on buying the boat. Anyhow over a month or 2 with back and forth conversations led to me and my mate not talking to each other, so I lost a so called mate over something that was completely out of my control.

Not a true mate cause a true mate would have stuck by me, but I am saying BE CAREFUL !!.

It won't stop me from doing anything I can to help someone out, it's just one experience I want to share with others to warn them what can happen.

Frank

If your mate was that stupid to blame you, you are better off apart anyway, as who in their right mind would hold someone responsible for that.

• Like 2