A Master Fishing

My tackle for the day:
Rod: Deepline Logical 60 Number 8 slow jigging rod
Reel: Shimano Ocea Jigger 1500 slow jigging reel 
Mainline: Number 1.5 high quality braid Sunline
Leader: Flurocarbon 22 pound leader Sunline
Jig: Deepliner 180 slow jig
Hooks: Slow Blatt number 1 assist hooks x 4

Excellent eating fishing, steamed well with ginger and shallots, plus some good Sake!!!

p.JPG

• Like 9

On 8/28/2019 at 8:20 PM, A Master Fishing said:

My tackle for the day:
Rod: Deepline Logical 60 Number 8 slow jigging rod
Reel: Shimano Ocea Jigger 1500 slow jigging reel 
Mainline: Number 1.5 high quality braid Sunline
Leader: Flurocarbon 22 pound leader Sunline
Jig: Deepliner 180 slow jig
Hooks: Slow Blatt number 1 assist hooks x 4

Excellent eating fishing, steamed well with ginger and shallots, plus some good Sake!!!

p.JPG

For some strange reason I feel like eating its eye!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Great report. I need to know the name of the bottle of wine.

Cheers.

Saki? My Dad served in the Aus Navy, gone now, and even though he did in the end days of the Pacific War, and they actually picked up the Japanese soldier's from the Islands who thought it wasn't over and fired back at them, he held no hard feelings and when they returned them to Japan spent time there and said how nice they were to the Aussies. He brought back many things from Japan. Furniture, pottery, craft items. And believe it or not, true, his Dad, my Grandfather was a Changi prisoner of War. I still have some of my Dad's War stuff and in our family the furniture, a large decorative chest, tables, and ornaments. My Dad, after all that, held fond memories of the people from Japan. On the ship, just one of several he served on, they picked up a soldier near Nu Guinea. He was at home a barber. He actually liked the crew so much he asked not to be returned to Japan and until he was acted as the ships barber/hairdresser. I still have a photo my Dads mate took of him cutting his hair. Long story, sorry about that, Saki? Oh yeah, asked my Dad about Saki, he said "I know you, and I know Saki, you won't like it". I got some, he was right! 😁

On 8/31/2019 at 10:01 PM, Rebel said:

Great report. I need to know the name of the bottle of wine.

Cheers.

Quote: This particular bottle is no Maniyu, but a more affordable version, it cost 38 bucks if i remember correctly. 

[Kubota Manjyu] is sake very famous for Japan. 
It is the taste felt refreshed like dry wine. 
It is very delicious if it drinks together with sushi or sliced raw fish.
It is sake famous for Japan. 
It is manufacture of the manufacturer "morning-sun brewing" of Niigata Prefecture. 
These alcoholic drinks are the dry tastes felt refreshed. I made from the most extravagant production method of sake, and "JYUNMAIDAIGINJYOU."

What a great idea—didn’t realise you could charter a small boat off Sydney. Love to go out on this one as it looks very well set up.  Can you give me a contact or if that breaks the site rules you could pm me.  Thanks for sharing re the slow jigging method too

cheers