Brooklyn Boat ramp overnight

phill81

Hi Raiders,

Was thinking about putting the boat in this weekend and staying out on the river. Has anyone ever had any problems leaving their car and trailer overnight at either of the Brooklyn/mooney mooney ramps. There is a post from 13 years ago saying some had some issues. anyone had any issue lately? Would love to know people thoughts.

cheers.

Mooney Mooney is notorious for issues. 

By Brooklyn, I take it you mean Parsley Bay... I have not had any issues parking there overnight. I tend to park where its quite open - in the middle of the car park away from the public toilets. There have been reports that the nearby caves are habituated by homeless folks. 

If you are really concerned have you considered paying to launch and park at one of the private ramps along the road leading to Brooklyn  - it may mean you have to travel around long island but that may not be an issue if you plan to fish the bridges or up river. 

Cheers Zoran

I have parked at both places and haven’t had a drama, even when leaving it for two nights in a row. When on a boys weekend away.

i did park the trailer hard up against the wall or rail and have a wheel clamp on the trailer and the tow ball lock as well.

plus I make sure I have insurance cover.

doesn't mean nothing will happen, I may just have been lucky.

Edited by jeffb5.8
  • Thanks 1

.... years ago that could have been Doug Mulray (from 2MMM) ... I read years ago that he returned from a day on the water to find his trailer gone. 

This is how mine is parked to try and avoid that ....

image.png.69fa318869d308f524a1ee312b24b284.png

Cheers Z

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...