Boat traler

chris b

54 minutes ago, chris b said:

Guys dose a boat trailer  have to have a boat on it to be registered  thanks

Any trailer is registered independent of whatever it carries. 

But any trailer needs to be registered & road worthy regardless of what's on it to travel on the road!

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Any trailer is independent of whatever it carries. 

But any trailer needs to be registered & road worthy regardless of what's on it!

OK    are you saying a boat trailer can be registered with out a boat on it     OR NOT

As I was saying its the same as any trailer.

You can have a registered car carrier & you can go pick up a car.

You can have a registered box trailer & go pick up some rubbish & take it to the tip.

Both can travel empty!

As long as your trailer is registered you can drive around town with nothing on it all day & night if you like as long as its registered.

Edited by kingie chaser

Chris. I am going through the process of registering an old boat trailer at the moment. Currently it is out of rego but it used to be registered in NSW and I have a copy of the old rego papers. so all I need to do is get a BLUE slip to say it is road worthy and a receipt from where I purchased it and have the old papers signed over to me.

IF I make a trailer I would need to have a compliance plate on it,I would need to have it weighed, would need receipts bought the materials to make the trailer. When taking it to get inspected etc it does not need to be registered but you have to take it to the nearest weighbridge, inspection station etc. the inspection station prefers that there is no boat on the trailer so they can examine it better/easier. All trailers have a dedicated code and use different lettering on number plates so the police can tell if a trailer is registered as a Caravan, car float , boat trailer or box trailer. Then you get into all the commercial type trailers which are different again.

IF you need any more questions answered about processes etc don't hesitate to ask.

Frank

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, frankS said:

Chris. I am going through the process of registering an old boat trailer at the moment. Currently it is out of rego but it used to be registered in NSW and I have a copy of the old rego papers. so all I need to do is get a BLUE slip to say it is road worthy and a receipt from where I purchased it and have the old papers signed over to me.

IF I make a trailer I would need to have a compliance plate on it,I would need to have it weighed, would need receipts bought the materials to make the trailer. When taking it to get inspected etc it does not need to be registered but you have to take it to the nearest weighbridge, inspection station etc. the inspection station prefers that there is no boat on the trailer so they can examine it better/easier. All trailers have a dedicated code and use different lettering on number plates so the police can tell if a trailer is registered as a Caravan, car float , boat trailer or box trailer. Then you get into all the commercial type trailers which are different again.

IF you need any more questions answered about processes etc don't hesitate to ask.

Frank

Thank Frank      Good information  mate as usual  :thumbup: