Quick flick at Rhodes boat ramp

Coswecanfly

Always see someone standing on the Rhodes boat ramp so decided to have a quick flick today before the school run. I've had pneumonia for the last month so desperately needed to wet a line.

Blade got snagged under the railway bridge and I lost it. Tied on an Aldi prawn on a weedless hook hoping it won't get snagged. First cast this 54cm lizard either followed it in or took it right next to the jetty. Not a single bite for another hour. 

Lots of bird action upstream from the bridge and with all last week's rain I take it it's Taylor chasing bait fish. They never came within casting distance though. Walked to the park on the corner hoping I could cast to them without getting fined but by that time they had moved up Homebush bay. 

Fun hour before the school run.

20190902_130515.jpg

• Like 8

Nice healthy looking fish mate. Top eating that size.

Pneumonia sucks, had it twice, once double Pneumonia. Like being stabbed each breath. Also used to get pleuricy, nearly every winter. But after I got the Pnuemo Vac shot I have never had either since. Worth getting that if you are susceptible. I was/am as I get asthma. 

Edited by TAZ
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TAZ said:

Nice healthy looking fish mate. Top eating that size.

Pneumonia sucks, had it twice, once double Pneumonia. Like being stabbed each breath. Also used to get pleuricy, nearly every winter. But after I got the Pnuemo Vac shot I have never had either since. Worth getting that if you are susceptible. I was/am as I get asthma. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into it as it's the third time in my life I've had it. 

On a different note, are you TAZ because you're from there? We're moving there at the end of the year. 

1 minute ago, Coswecanfly said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into it as it's the third time in my life I've had it. 

On a different note, are you TAZ because you're from there? We're moving there at the end of the year. 

For sure get it mate if you have had it before. The shot works. One of the best things I did getting it. I actually had mine when it was released just after trial stages and was told "it may, it may not work" but since then its been proven to work. There for me is Victoria central. Is that going to be your destination? 

3 minutes ago, TAZ said:

For sure get it mate if you have had it before. The shot works. One of the best things I did getting it. I actually had mine when it was released just after trial stages and was told "it may, it may not work" but since then its been proven to work. There for me is Victoria central. Is that going to be your destination? 

No we're heading for Tassie.  Sick and tired of the big smoke.  Need to get out.  

1 minute ago, Coswecanfly said:

No we're heading for Tassie.  Sick and tired of the big smoke.  Need to get out.  

Mate, Tassie, know some guys that go there now and then and from their limited trips and knowledge have done really really well just fishing off jetties and beaches. Ahh, Taz, yeah. Went for a user name but was taken, so tried my dogs name, Taz, named him as he is mostly black, a little white, and as wild as! But in a good way, good with people but just a total lunatic Staffy. First thing I thought of after we got him, a Tazzy Devil. 😁

22 hours ago, Coswecanfly said:

Tied on an Aldi prawn on a weedless hook hoping it won't get snagged. First cast this 54cm lizard either followed it in or took it right next to the jetty. Not a single bite for another hour. 

Nice lizard @Coswecanfly! Glad the morning session paid off, some of my best fishing spots have been found from seeing others fish there and trying it later on.

Not a good idea to use Aldi prawns if they are for human consumption though: 
https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/pests-diseases/animal-health/aquaculture/white-spot-disease/important-information-for-recreation-fishers-use-of-prawns-as-bait