Ramsgate Beach 12 September 2019

LandBasedKeith

Meant to go on the 11th September but got busy(lazy). As i was planning my belated trip, i saw a message from @eladamrine and said he fished on the 11th and on the groyne i recommended but no bite:(. Haha, i not going to that groyne anymore, at least for a while.

Anyway, i arrived at Ramsgate beach at about 9am - late night, i just couldn't get up at 6am. It is already high tide so all the weed are covered by the water up to thigh deep. Getting my shoes and feet wet is one thing but not my ****.  I got 2 backup plan. One, see if there is any weed in the local waterway as it is already spring and two, fish with the weed i collected on the 5th September until low tide. I was lucky, some weed had starting growing in the local waterway and  there are just enough for this trip. In a week or 2 's time, there should enough weed for everyone! 

At first, i try the groyne on the far left of the rock platform. A few bites here and there but no hookup. It is high tide so not expecting much. By 12 noon, i changed to another groyne next to the Omeros and collecting more weed for burleying where i met @eladamrine as we invited each other to fish together. @eladamrine did okay as he caught his very first blackfish after 2 failed attempts to land them. First attempt, the line snapped off and second, the hook came off half way. I think he will became an expert in no time if not one already.

Anyway, here are my result for today: 32cm, 42cm., 33cm, 35cm and 33cm. Also, the trevallies are back. All three groynes around me are occupied with trevally fishermen before dawn. 

blackfish20190912.jpg.b200b954cc987876084b321f45368a66.jpg

And here is the location of the waterway where i get my weed and PLEASE take only what you need. X marked the spot. There should also be weed in the waterway next to the 16ft Sailing Club(not checked). Kelso Park also if you lived near East Hill(not checked).

weedlocation.jpg.7cc84b8117d83cc95085f757ddb73d8b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, eladamrine said:

Thanks for letting me come a long. I learnt a lot and enjoyed the day. Thanks.

By the way, did you see the Trevally fisherman who came after us catch anything? 

Yes. I saw them pull out a legal size trevally while i am still there. The trevally comes in school, the trick is to attracted them toward you and then keep them around. It is good fun pulling them out one after another within a short span of time. And they fight a lot harder than blackfish as well but blackfish tastes a lot better though.