Sydney 4wd Show 2019

sam bros

Hi Raiders,

Did anyone else manage to get to the 4wd show this year?

There was a lot of cool deals for 4wd and camping.

There was a fishing section, had a few deals as well. 

Unfortunately no boats this year (not that I would of bought one).

There were quite a few personalities from TV, Youtube and Instagram. 

Managed to record a few videos and make a short video of the day. Hope you guys like it.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Loved this video!!

We normally go but we were on a lap of Australia towing a van! I sure know lots more about 4wd now and we did water crossings and even a sand recovery. All great fun! 

Thanks Donna,

Hope your enjoying your trip. Would have been exciting to do water crossings and recoveries. How long into your trip are you and where have you gone so far?

I have started to enjoy 4wding and camping a lot more over the past year. Would love to do a lap of australia with a caravan at one stage.

21 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

By the way what is the best tow vehicle? 

Noooooo don’t answer - it will end up like the Holden or Ford question. 

Hahaha, your opening up a big can of worms.

If I had unlimited money, would love to have a 200 series Landcruiser but I guess I will settle with what I have.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 2:41 PM, sam bros said:

Hi Raiders,

Did anyone else manage to get to the 4wd show this year?

There was a lot of cool deals for 4wd and camping.

There was a fishing section, had a few deals as well. 

Unfortunately no boats this year (not that I would of bought one).

There were quite a few personalities from TV, Youtube and Instagram. 

Managed to record a few videos and make a short video of the day. Hope you guys like it.

Nice vid, in my younger days I used to go to every show every year there was to be seen, cars, 4x4's, boats, shooting, fishing, camping etc.

Dreaming like you do most of the time I guess :whistling:

Now I only go if I have a purchase in mind & even then I really do my research before hand so I know what is a fair price & what it an amazing price.

The last 4x4 show I went to I bought a TJM bar fitted for my Triton for $600 of their normal store price.

When you have that many people in one spot your the one that has the upper hand imo!

For that the entry price & the effort to get there was worth it 👍

22 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

By the way what is the best tow vehicle? 

The one you can afford 😅

4x4's are almost like boats, & we all know what that stands for right, same thing goes for 4x4's, bottomless pits!

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sam bros said:

Thanks Donna,

Hope your enjoying your trip. Would have been exciting to do water crossings and recoveries. How long into your trip are you and where have you gone so far?

I have started to enjoy 4wding and camping a lot more over the past year. Would love to do a lap of australia with a caravan at one stage.

Hahaha, your opening up a big can of worms.

If I had unlimited money, would love to have a 200 series Landcruiser but I guess I will settle with what I have.

We have gone a long way around our wonderful country. We saw the effects of drought and the dry river beds that we thought we would fish in.

We saved for several years to get our van and car all fitted out. Stewy did a magnificent job driving and towing us around as I navigated us to the Outback and beyond.

I have my own onboard network and an auto satellite so managing fishraider and doing some Goto meetings were easy. Sometimes we had no connectivity in te remote areas.

Here is our path and The Vengabus :)

17D319D4-AC88-4555-839A-8018DC35FA76.jpeg

A774DB08-016F-4D90-B0F8-2B7CCC664C83.jpegBE9984DE-FDC5-485A-9B72-0DB3094B6686.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:51 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

We have gone a long way around our wonderful country. We saw the effects of drought and the dry river beds that we thought we would fish in.

We saved for several years to get our van and car all fitted out. Stewy did a magnificent job driving and towing us around as I navigated us to the Outback and beyond.

I have my own onboard network and an auto satellite so managing fishraider and doing some Goto meetings were easy. Sometimes we had no connectivity in te remote areas.

Here is our path and The Vengabus :)

17D319D4-AC88-4555-839A-8018DC35FA76.jpeg

A774DB08-016F-4D90-B0F8-2B7CCC664C83.jpegBE9984DE-FDC5-485A-9B72-0DB3094B6686.jpeg

That looks like an awesome trip. love the photos.

Any plans on doing the east coast and cape ?

5 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

I'm late to this thread @sam bros .... thats an awesome video that captured the spirit... felt like I had been there. Loved the soundtrack ... who's the artist?

Cheers Zoran

Appreciate the kind words Zoran and I'm glad you enjoyed the video. 

The song is called Renegades by X Ambassadors 

• Thanks 1