Uralla 4th oct

Sillek70

G’day Raiders,

Its been almost 5 years since I have posted, but after bumping into Scratchie at salamander boat ramp and having a chat with him I thought I had to say g’day.

Fishing with my nephew in glorious Port Stephens out off Birubi at Uralla reef the fishing was tough, managed to get a couple of snapper,  biggest was 55cm which I didn’t measure until I got home but didn’t really need to measure it as Scratchie called it 55 at the cleaning table ( you got tape measure eyes mate 👏🏻) . Also got 3 mowies , 1 flatty and 2 decent nannygai. Bait was hawksbury prawns, royal red prawns and white bait which is normally killer bait out there. 

Fished same reef the day before with very similar results.

Great talking to you guys at the cleaning table, will have to try and catch up and maybe go for a fish .

cheers

F9C26150-573D-4BF2-B2A4-B10A2A5AFCC7.jpeg

Edited by Sillek70
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sillek70 said:

Its been almost 5 years since I have posted, but after bumping into Scratchie at salamander boat ramp and having a chat with him I thought I had to say g’day.

Good on you champ for putting in a report! 

It was a nice snapper you caught and as you said it was pretty tough fishing yesterday. I headed out with @back cruncher and we struggled with mixed currents/wind and no wind. We caught a couple small ones and I lost a thumper but that was all. 

It was nice to have a chat with a fellow raider at the ramp and don’t be shy to put in a report of your ventures! 

Send me a pm next time your up here and I’ll be happy to show you around if I have the time! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Good on you champ for putting in a report! 

It was a nice snapper you caught and as you said it was pretty tough fishing yesterday. I headed out with @back cruncher and we struggled with mixed currents/wind and no wind. We caught a couple small ones and I lost a thumper but that was all. 

It was nice to have a chat with a fellow raider at the ramp and don’t be shy to put in a report of your ventures! 

Send me a pm next time your up here and I’ll be happy to show you around if I have the time! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks mate, I’ll definitely take you up on that offer if you’re free, love to learn how to flick a plastic for a red. Great Chatting with you guys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Well done! I’ve never fished south of Fingal. My mate at work, always says to try the Uralla but when I get out of the heads the boat just seems to want to turn north! 😂

Thanks Berleyguts, my boat also used to auto pilot north but I was obviously not fishing the right places, although we did have some really good days out at the v’s. We had a couple of ordinary days out there during Christmas one year and thought we’d go south and had a cracker of a day catching a couple of dozen nannygai over 40cm ( biggest I’ve seen) and some nice snaps as well , fished there since and seem to consistently come home with a quality feed .

• Like 1