Windamere, near Mudgee

frankS

Hi Raiders. BigNeil and myself are going to lake Windamere on 24th till 28th October to try for some Yellabelly , T_bert 83 and Rickmarlin have shown interest and are possible starters. We will be hiring a cabin for comfort and at this point Neil will take his boat and Neil and I will share it. IF anyone wants to come from Sydney and wants to come up with me I will take my boat up as well as Neils boat only fished 2 comfortably . It will be here before we know it so please don't leave it till the last minute to let either Myself OR BigNeil know so we can make final arrangements. If someone wants to come up with me they need to be prepared to stay the 4 days as I don't want to have to bring them home early. My boat can fish 3 comfortably and is pretty well equipped for lake fishing with 100ltr  keeper tank downrigger and plenty of rod holders. I also have plenty of rod etc IF they need anything. Looking forward to someone joining us, I know it's not easy for most people to have 4 days away but hope there is a member that wishes to have a trip away.

Frank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Trav. Looking forward to meeting you and picking your brain for a piece of your local knowledge. I used to frequent Orange and in particular the Ophir area in my younger days, lived in Orange for 8 months and my Daughter was born in Orange hospital 1970 but the winter was too cold for me so moved back to Sydney.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Golden Classic is this weekend, next weekend an AYC event has been moved from Wyangala to Windamere and Australian Freshwater Masters is the 8-9th of November. I am unaware of another event the weekend you are planning on going but I may have missed one. Best thing you could do to know 100% is ask when you call about a cabin.

Cheers, Trav

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Winners of golden classic on wknd had ten goldies for over 583cm  big fish and plenty caught  but its copping a hiding from others keeping fish

Hi Rick. Yellas are a nice eating fish but not those football ones which Windamere is famous for. Surely anglers aren't taking those for eating??? Had a nice 40cm one last week from the river...beautiful. Cheers, Neil

• 2 weeks later...