Regan

Big Bream on lures

Recommended Posts

Gday raiders
With the recent school holidays I have just had, i took the opportunity to target some bream on my hobie outback. The bream put up an insane fight close to structure and lost many big ones to it.
Most of the bream were caught on 40mm samaki spider prawns in bloodworm and also got some on the 50mm cranka crab in olive.
The gear i used was my samaki archer 1-3kg rod and Daiwa freams LT reel with 6lb braid and 6lb flurocarbon leader.
Here are some pics of the bream I got. All the fish I caught were safely released 

Screenshot_20191012-131903_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f09c96ac7b5c3690ac31d4e67fc327b0.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-132513_Photos.thumb.jpg.7196a71cd2aa9bdcf9d1946f23371313.jpg Screenshot_20191012-131745_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e4908d771a14e56715150d525a7101ef.jpg Screenshot_20191012-131813_Gallery.jpg.116dd324daa6762a553c077df56a4cf3.jpg  Screenshot_20191012-132648_Photos.thumb.jpg.4e72882d290f9b3c4a4a20b28e6ea371.jpg Screenshot_20191012-132455_Photos.thumb.jpg.cfb095bc666b750e7f9d0a62f0cba2dd.jpg Screenshot_20191012-132556_Photos.thumb.jpg.51dd10ff9b234fc62c8c8000f341f635.jpg Screenshot_20191012-131731_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5e0816adf118dbb7da6f6898776fca25.jpg

Edited by Regan
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some very good bream. Which waterways did you fish

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cracking bream Regan, you're becoming one hell of a bream fisher

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good quality fish there. Mr Crabby lure looks like it is popular for those bigger bream.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Regan, looks like you know what your doing with the light gear :thumbup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great report and super photos.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40cm+ bream what a trophy!!! Fish of a lifetime it will be some time before you beat that. Congratulations 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great fish and great pics - well done.

Fil

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome catch mate not trying to be to nosey but what type of lure is that I know its is a hard bodied crab but what brand and is it something you just cast and move even few seconds??

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Regan the picture on the measure can be submitted for 3rd place in our fishraider records. 
Get yourself a measuring mat and start validating those captures. 
The holy grail is a 50 + :1punk::1worthy::thumbup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 8:35 PM, SaltyGreek said:

Those are some nice bream! 👍🏽🤙🏽

Thanks @SaltyGreek

 

On 10/14/2019 at 8:42 PM, hookerbruce said:

Some very good bream. Which waterways did you fish

Thanks @hookerbruce, fish were caught in tuggerah lakes

On 10/15/2019 at 2:36 AM, dirvin21 said:

cracking bream Regan, you're becoming one hell of a bream fisher

Thanks Dave, I have learnt a lot of useful tips from you about bream fishing

 

On 10/15/2019 at 6:53 AM, jnrfinatic said:

Great sized bream mate 

Well done 

Adem 

Thanks @jnrfinatic

 

On 10/15/2019 at 7:19 AM, Yowie said:

Some good quality fish there. Mr Crabby lure looks like it is popular for those bigger bream.

Thanks @Yowie, they loved the crab lure

On 10/15/2019 at 8:24 AM, kingie chaser said:

Well done Regan, looks like you know what your doing with the light gear :thumbup:

Thanks @kingie chaser

On 10/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, Rebel said:

Great report and super photos.

Thanks @Rebel

23 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Man some killer bream there top stuff

Thanks @masterfisho7

9 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

40cm+ bream what a trophy!!! Fish of a lifetime it will be some time before you beat that. Congratulations 

Thanks @flatheadluke, yeah it will be hard to crack one bigger than that

8 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Great fish and great pics - well done.

Fil

Thanks @LuckyFil

6 hours ago, marks1984 said:

awesome catch mate not trying to be to nosey but what type of lure is that I know its is a hard bodied crab but what brand and is it something you just cast and move even few seconds??

Thanks @marks1984, it is a cranka crab that is 50mm, 3.9g and In the olive colour. I let it sit on the on the bottom for a bit and let its claws move in the current (as they float) and then just wind it in a bit more and let it sit again etc.

2 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Fantastic report young man.

Brilliant capture! 

Thanks @mrsswordfisherman

2 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@Regan the picture on the measure can be submitted for 3rd place in our fishraider records. 
Get yourself a measuring mat and start validating those captures. 
The holy grail is a 50 + :1punk::1worthy::thumbup:

Ok, how do I submit for 3rd place, it would be hard to beat the holy grail

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      65,221
    • Total Posts
      523,552