Who is the best to insurance company to go with?

bull dolly

Hi guys. 

Just got a boat and am currently sorting out the insurance. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I haven’t heard the best reviews about club marine. I’ve been told Nautilus are good. If you could add your two cents that would be appreciated. 

What defines 'best' these days??

Service?

Price?

Flexibility?

I only have a tinny which in insured through NRMA.

I've never had to put in a claim so not sure how they would go but as I am a NRMA member & have other policies with them then I get a deal on price because of the bundling factor.

Whoever you go with its about reading the product disclosure statement to find out what you are & aren't covered for!

I'm with nrma and no problem with 2 claims.

About 12 yrs ago I had my boat canopy stored on roof of hired houseboat when it was blown into water overnight and replced no worries. 

Bigger claim was knocked my 10inch Lowrance gps/sounder off side of boat wich smashed onto driveway.  Again replaced no worries minus excess of course.   Ron 

I had good service and experience with Club M. 
First time was when my new boat with trailer needed a tow after 1 of the 4 wheels disembarked from the trailer as I was towing it on a 100klm/h busy freeway - not good. 
I got my free tow that time. No cost no claim all done over the phone. 

Second most recent time is I unintentionally motored over Big submerged rocks and bent prop and prop shaft. Again all sorted without drama over the phone minus excess to me. 
I now gleefully await to see how much my premium increases - I know it will. 
Overall I can’t complain and I got what it’s used for. 

I've been with club marine many years but should really shop around a little. The last two claims I've tried for were knocked back, what you agree to on the phone when taking out the policy is totally contradicted in the several hundred page clause book that comes in the post after paying.

If you do go club marine you can get a $50 discount from the whitworths catalogs.