Tabs vs Famosa

Mark1284

7 hours ago, Mark1284 said:

Nice one mate I certainly haven’t ruled it out! Unfortunately they are about 40 now (from what I can get) my mate who bought one a month or two ago paid 42 with a 90yammy and all clears and a few other extras.. that’s why I am considering the others as they are not all that much more for plate alloy. Did you get the biminy with it? What exactly distinguishes a Cuddy from half cab I am a bit confused to certain manufacturers interpretations?

i appreciate the feedback

Wow, they have gone up in price. Looks like there is now a 485 model which is the price i paid.

I got mine from a dealer at Burleigh Heads as it was $5000 cheaper than buying it locally.  

Flew to brisbane for a day to go to the boat show than took a day and a half to drive up to collect it a few weeks later. 

I didn't get the bimmini, as i didn't like the dealer supplied option. I got the transom door, plumbed live bait tank and sounder upgrade.

After using the boat i decided against a bimmini as i like the extra space. On hot summers days when the family is out i go with the very low tech option of using a beach umbrella in one of the rod holders for shade. 

I don't know if there is an actually 1/2 cab cuddy cab definition.

For me a 1/2 cabin has a full size 1.8m bunk taking up more deck space and a cuddy has a shorter bunk (1.4m in the Horizon) leaving more deck space.