How much fishing gear would you take on a lap of Australia??

mrsswordfisherman

That is so cool, what an amazing upbringing those little tackers are getting!

Real life experience not looking at 4 walls or getting bullied!

Although Im sure reality will catch up to them one day.

Oh yeh & the tackle, well its just more unneeded weight to me.

Id take about 6 rods/reels & probably 2 tackle boxes...………& my soft plastic's bag...………...……& my accessories bag...…………..& my...…………………...dam, now I nearly back to where he is 🤣

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, J0nn0 said:

I honestly thought I was going to see a video of stewy, justifying the amount he was taking 😂😂😂

We watched it together and he was horrified when he saw how the reels were just thrown it the plastic box! 

You reckon Stewy took a lot? Don't forget the large plastic box full of fishing clothes, wet weather gear, shoes. Not to mention most of the Engel full of cryovac'd fish captures and of course the bait!!

Never again - I will do ALL packing :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

I understand the first bloke perfectly! But he did forget a marlin rod and reel. How can I let him know??? Lol 😝 

Great stuff Donna! The lap is on my list one day too! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

I could see the Scratchie clan doing that when your kids were young too Jeff

• Like 1

He is a bit of a bullshitter when talking to the wife :074:, but he is a fisherman.

In reality, I took 4 rods and 5 reels, plus a tackle box with whatever I could jam inside it. The rods inside a tube that I made myself, and the reels inside a bucket - bucket can be used for live bait or other bait. A few Aldi cool bags to keep the fish in - can be washed once or twice then thrown away. Ice cubes inside the Aldi bag to keep the fish cool.

A 6 foot whiting rod with a reel of 6 pound line (I only use mono) - used for soft plastics, nippers, small baits

A 6 foot rod, stronger than a whiting rod, with a reel of 12 pound line - can be used for slightly heavier fishing or fishing baits on the beach (you don't need long rods for beach fishing)

An 8 foot rod with 2 reels - 15 pound and 25 pound, depending on what fish are available - lures or larger baits, casting pillies, fishing jetties, used as an all round setup.

A 12 foot beach rod and Alvey with 15 pound line - used from the beach or rocks

When I did my lap back in 1983, I only took one rod (a 7ft rod I built on a Butterworth Super Barra blank)... but then I was hitchhiking it most of the way (or taking Ansett Pioneer buses)! When I took off again in ‘84, I took the same rod but I bought a 12ft beach/rock rod and 650 Alvey when I settled in for a while at Noosa. Now, I take 6-8 rods just in the boat for a day trip fishing solo! 😂 Things were simpler back in the 80s! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha, 2 great videos there Donna. Like all anglers faced with the dilemna of what to take and what to leave behind, the first guy is definitely not leaving any stones unturned...that's for sure.

The second video showed life how it should be. I have long had the desire to head off to the Kimberleys or FNQ. Unlikely to happen for me now but NOBODY gets to do everything they want to do. Life is filled with committments and sacrifices and there is no point in becoming overwhelmed with regrets of missed opportunities. Instead, count your blessings, for they are aplenty. Go fishing when you can, love your family and friends with all your heart and remember how fortunate you really are. After all it's only 39 days till Cod season opens. Here endeth the first lesson, bn

IMG_1510rs.thumb.jpg.0f53969a5eecba138aa0494146e00430.jpg

IMG_1507rs.thumb.jpg.ef2db79f527e5f80120f7651416cf510.jpg

IMG_1505rs.thumb.jpg.f48743826d3da6d5dac00d4e9667ac00.jpg

• Like 1