Forster/Tuncurry advice

Cin

Hi guys, Just looking for some advice around fishing Forster/Tuncurry. I have tried everything with no luck. Been using a range of different soft and hard body lures around the shallow flats, both land based and on a kayak. Seem to be having no luck. 

We also tried offshore around the Forster bait grounds, break wall and Bennets head but we can't seem to catch anything with bait or lures. Any tips would be great. We have kayaks but prefer to take the tinny offshore to chase the bigger species

Hi Cin,

I spoke to the guys at Great Lakes Tackle yesterday who say there are some good flathead throughout the system. I've found the island off Point Drive Tuncurry productive and you can wade there or excellent for the Yak. Work your way upstream. Most plastics - especially paddle tails or vibes will work. Haven't been outside for a while so cannot help but watch the bar. Some good squid off The Tanks and around the bait fad just out off the bar. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Hoods Ill have to head that way and check it out

Ive been using paddletails in a range of different colours and sizes but usually dont even get a strike. Could be the area but it could be my technique as well.  Hopefully your area gives me some more luck!! 

Appreciate the help