Christmas rental house search

Welster

Hi guys,

I know we have left this late but I could really use some suggestions if any members are able to assist. 

We are looking to rent a large house to sleep 12 people (13 years old and up) with a minimum 4 bedrooms (preferably 5-6 bedrooms) with at least 3 bathrooms that is available from around 28th December - 4th January.     

We would like to be near the coast for the usual summer fun things.   We are all sensible and never cause any dramas or damage. 

Jason

We stayed at tuross head this january with 11 people, great fishing and good swimming etc for the kids. No traffic as has one road in, try calling the real estate agencies down there or as berleyguts said look on stayz, have booked places off there plenty of times

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Not really sure what it is your asking?

Suggested locations?

Looking for member with a house that meets criteria?

Maybe try Airbnb 😉

We have searched Stayz and the like and I was hoping somebody might have a suitable house or know somebody that does.  I just thought I'd ask away and see if anything comes of it. 

Reckon you are leaving it a bit late mate! I reckon 15 years ago you could book a beach house somewhere on the East Coast as late as October-i think with the massive population increase we've had those days are gone- we booked in June for middle of Jan 2020 this Christmas/New Year on the GC- two weeks later it was half the price. First time in many years we.ve been able to go later as we sold our business in July. Maybe try ringing real estate agents rather than looking on line- they may be able to help- its worked for me in the past-Good Luck 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

What is the issue you have had with airbnb in the past?

Booked a room with waterview and private bathroom last Xmas for the family. Got a dirty room with neighbour house wall view and a shared bathroom. When I mentioned that to the owner - she just changed online room decription. Had to accept the room as it was evening, the closest lodging was over 1 hour drive and over $400 night due to high season. Made some photos of the actual room condition.  Later contacted Airbnb and first  requested copy of the original booking, they sent 4 copies of receipt with the currently advertised room description.  All the personal/financial queries were responded by Airbnb community members instead of Airbnb staff - where is privacy!!!??? Finally found screenshots of the original booking on computer(made them as the emailed confirmation was delayed), added photos of actual condition of the room  and requested refund from Airbnb as the service/room is not as described. They told me to deal with owner as they just collect money etc. I told them I will deal with  ACCC or them as I booked through their website,  and will contact also credit card provider. After over month of active correspondence with Airbnb and 10+closed 'tickets"- my credit card provider advised that  60% of the payment was refunded. 

The bigger problem is not that some of the rooms are not as described, but there is no sufficient control or assumed responsibility over it. 

• Like 1