Burrinjuck

frankS

Well what a complete and utter waste of time FISHING WISE that was !!. Great to catch up with BigNeil and spend time with him again but the fishing was atrocious.

Not one fish, not even a follow , seen numerous Carp but even those refused to have a go. fish just closed down and whatever we done couldn't bring them to have a go.

Spent many hours in the boat doing whatever we thought of to get them to bite but it just didn't happen. Friday there was 8 boats out on the water and not one fish caught, average 3 fishermen per boat, at least that made me feel a little better about it and stopped blaming myself for the lack of action. We had 4 sessions totalling approx. 16 hours on the water and not one fish, an all time non event for me at Burrinjuck. I have been fishless there before but usually because of inclement weather and not being able to get on the water but this time we spent plenty of time on water with no result. Friday afternoon the usual Burrinjuck storm hit us and we pushed through a meter chop to get back to the ramp, bearing in mind the boat is only 11 feet long. A great time was had by myself anyway, l but I'm not sure Neil enjoyed it as much as me, I will be back there again but probably not Neil.

Sorry guys there are no photos of fish but that's how it goes sometimes.

Frank

• Like 2

Glad you got back home ok Frank. Great to catch up as always. We had some catching up to do and doing so always ticks the boxes for us. That's what friendships are all about, eh? I too felt a little more comfortable that we managed to get on the water and give it a fair crack. Also comforting to know that nobody was catching anything...sort of validates our efforts. Would have been lovely to get among the fish, but that's the way fishing is sometimes. Like most types of fishing the dams are a tough nut to crack and I certainly don't have a lot of experience in that particular style. I am however willing to learn but with good fishing only 10 minutes from home, dam fishing will always be secondary for me.

As you know another passion of mine is photography and I seldom waste an opportunity to snap a few photos. So here are a few of the dam environment and some of the very tame wildlife which frequents the place. Great to see you again, till next time. Neil

Burrinjuck Dam...

IMG_2364.jpgrs.jpg.6075d79bddf03fd51f0e21eeca332793.jpg

IMG_0500.jpgrs.jpg.e995b2ffca3fb4278781f534745fd664.jpg

IMG_0470.jpgrs.jpg.6d1b8c8ab56f3561ee6d128532d957c4.jpg

IMG_0420.jpgrs.jpg.0b2cc50fb6d168e507b08b011ba5431a.jpg

IMG_0414.jpgrs.jpg.dfd687da2153275ac7ab134ceaa95772.jpg

IMG_0443.jpgrs.jpg.0d9ae5947df9ddf6be0567a7e6e15b75.jpg

IMG_2371.jpgrs.jpg.c0aa88c2ea69422e617e183c6b88dbff.jpg

IMG_2367.jpgrs.jpg.c08c49cbab38c75657552157cb55a57c.jpg

IMG_2373.jpgrs.jpg

IMG_2361.jpgrs.jpg

• Like 6

The view from our cabin

2068176991_cabinview.thumb.jpg.2bda59b262ac3e2c92c19aef88dbcbf8.jpg

1968680597_cabinview2.thumb.jpg.df2d2cc0b8bbe3713171914fbf0638c8.jpg

Typical Burrinjuck storm it got worse than this thunder lightning wind but not a lot of rain, nowhere near enough water to do much good but it did bring some moisture to the region. At one stage we couldn't see the far hills.

Frank

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Good on you, you at least had a crack even if the fish didn't cooperate.

I recon Fishing is not just about the fish but having a good time and you seemed to ticked those boxes.

Nice photos to there BN.

Too right. Always great to catch up with Frank as he is always working on some project or other. He is very capable with the tools and has an inventive mind too. Always coming up with something new that will improve an existing system or method of doing something. Like me, he loves fishing, providing it's not too strenuous on our ageing shells. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

Thanks for the report Frank. 
Regardless of the outcome fishing wise, it’s good to see you out and about! 
I’m sure there would have been some great conversations catching up with BN. 
It’s great to see Fishraiders meeting up and having a go! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

Its a great place my last time there 3 days of nothing the last day decided to head out until midday to try and salvage something ended up leaving near dark the bite was red hot all in sight of the park thats fishing i guess.

• Like 1