Jervis Bay

Piss'n'Broke

Hey everyone. 
Heading down to Jervis Bay this Friday for 2 weeks with my brother & parents for our first family holiday in 20years. 
Just wondering if anyone has been getting any kings inside the bay or outside? Not looking for particulars, just asking if they are about? Many many thanks for reading this. 
Going to try for squid for a feed if the kings aren’t about. 
worse case scenario fall back on the ever reliable flathead drift. 
Cheers. 
Dan

I went out last Thursday found kingfish in good numbers and good size. Used metal lures and soft plastics around salmon schools outside the heads. Also plenty of snapper around mostly in deeper water. Hopefully you get a few and sing out if you need crew.

Cheers Toilor 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Waza said:

Try for squid around callala beach or long beach and head to the middle grounds and long nose. If you’re around husky I can’t offer much for the squid.

Thanks for that. I usually grab a few squid just off Murray’s boat ramp? 
Dan. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Toilor3000 said:

I went out last Thursday found kingfish in good numbers and good size. Used metal lures and soft plastics around salmon schools outside the heads. Also plenty of snapper around mostly in deeper water. Hopefully you get a few and sing out if you need crew.

Cheers Toilor 

Thanks Toiler, appreciated that. Id like to take you up on the offer of a crew but its my brothers boat, and its only a 4.2m tinny.

Tho if for any reason I don't fish a day with my brother I'll let him know of your offer.

Dan

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:33 PM, jnrfinatic said:

I haven't heard any reports of kings in JB however my dad went outside of JB and caught about 5 snapper, the smallest being 35cm and the biggest being 68cm.

Dont know if this helps 

Adem 

Thanks Adem, never really had much luck chasing snapper in Jervis Bay. Probably due to my lack of patience hahhah and having to carry so much berley.

Dan

• Like 2