Port Hacking - a bit quiet

Yowie

Drove to my mothers place this morning as usual to launch my boat. While driving east along The Kingsway towards Cronulla, at 4.30am, my car headlights picked up a sign hidden amongst the parked cars. A bloody speed camera car location, the car hidden in amongst the parked cars, could not see the car until right beside it, and his 2nd sign was hidden further along amongst more parked cars. Sneaky *&#@&#* bastard. Driving at the speed limit so not caught.

Headed to Maianbar flats, pumped some nippers in the semi darkness, but could only pull out just undersized whiting. I headed to the Lilli Pilli flats, thousands of squirt worms in the sand (tide too high to collect any) but several drifts for not a bite. Finally hooked up the trevally on 1 rod, and the biggest whiting grabbed the other rod as the same time, so eased the drag on the whiting and let him run while I played the trev. Also landed a just legal bream that was returned.

Moved to another spot for the flattie and 2 other whiting, then the wind hit from the S/E, buggered up the drift so headed for home.

fish.jpeg.209.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great report. You can take the number of that clown and give it to the Police.

I dobbed one in up here, haven't seen him since.

Cheers.

A bit frigging early to have the camera car out and about.

1 hour ago, Blackfish said:

A days fishing is better than a day at work I recon and I was working and you were fishing ..... you win.

Sneeky buggar that Mobile Speed camera person to.

Any day fishing is better than work, and I'm retired, for a while now.

1 hour ago, jnrfinatic said:

Nice feed mate! Ahhh, a day out fishing beats a day of school I reckon! 

Well done 

Adem 

I'm retired, so school was a LONG TIME ago for me.

Just keep on fishing, and you will develop ideas on how to catch the sneaky fish.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scratchie said:

No flatties yowie? Definitely a bit quiet on your usual reports! Lucky you didn’t have a fine to go with it. That would have made for a shitty day! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Only the one flattie, and he is as black as can be. Caught him in a secret deeper hole.

6 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Lol 😝 I only had a quick climpse of the photo and didn’t even see him! 

I found a secret spot, a deeper hole than the surrounding area, and any flatties living in it for a while are jet black.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yowie said:

I found a secret spot, a deeper hole than the surrounding area, and any flatties living in it for a while are jet black.

I guess its one of those things where fish take on the colour of their surroundings to keep the camo/ambush thing happening.

Pretty cool really!

That's one of the darkest flatties Ive ever seen.

I'll be sounding for that whole next time im out there on the Hacking 😁

Probably next trip, haven't been on the hacking for over 12 months & bit over Botany at the moment so need a change of scenery :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Nice work as always Yowie, good feed there. Was out on the Hacking on the evening of the 25th and we got our first keeper jew for the season right on 70 plus a nice reddie at 40 and a tailor at 45, so the fish certainly look to be coming back on.

Cheers

Rich

4 hours ago, Mr Squidy said:

Nice work as always Yowie, good feed there. Was out on the Hacking on the evening of the 25th and we got our first keeper jew for the season right on 70 plus a nice reddie at 40 and a tailor at 45, so the fish certainly look to be coming back on.

Cheers

Rich

Good work. Not too many fish just yet, but pulling out a few like that makes up for it.