Sign in to follow this  
Richard Warren

Lake Macquarie

I put some crab traps out this morning amongst the boat morings and got a couple of nice blue swimmers. Looking forward to chilly crabs in the wok.

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice feed there.

However, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought crab traps weren't allowed in Lake Macquarie? 

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Traps are illegal  witches hats n dillys are legal

Ahh explains. I've always avoided laying traps there in general thinking was banned for all forms of crab traps.  Thank you for clearing this up for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Richard Warren said:

I put some crab traps out this morning amongst the boat morings and got a couple of nice blue swimmers. Looking forward to chilly crabs in the wok.

image.jpg

Love them. Once caught some and spent hours catching them and took them to a neighbour's place at New Years. We ate a few, but left more than we ate. Few days later said "how were those swimmers huh!?" Reply, "yeah, fed the rest to the cat". Never gave them another. Cat food, seriously!? 😬 

Edited by TAZ
  • Haha 2

Nice work. I need to get some of those thin rope traps (I'm thinking dilly style ones), the thicker rope ones are good for less tangles but don't seem to work anywhere near as well hey..

A timely reminder @blindmullet, I wonder if they are completing follow up testing as recommended by the professor?