Broughton

rickmarlin62

Managed 15 reds up to 63cm this arvo  sat out 3hrs of 45knot westerly then 45mins 25 knot noreaster then it settled down and was great   5 knots from east   came home at dark runnin on 28knots      got dusted up by one very large red and pulled hook on one  didnt go to whiskers hangout   maybe next trip

20191108_233612.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys  hard work  figuring out this weather and hangin out for a couple of hours to fish that window of calm in the evening    makes you question your sanity when your sitting on the mooring north beach broughton  with 3ft of wind chop hittin you    was worth the wait   couple of beers n sangers  then catchin tatget species was  worth it

• Like 5

Sometimes people living West of the divide envy "Coasties" because they believe that fishing is "on tap" all the time. Not the case though is it Rick? Makes it all the better an experience when you can fit a successful outing into a busy work schedule. Well done champ, hope you get to repeat the experience, as often as you can handle. Cheers, Neil

• Like 1

Jeez rick I think you should be considered for the next series of deadliest catch. Screw the King crabs when you can get reds like that. Lol you said you were questioning your sanity. There is NO question about it Rick. You ARE mad! Lol just kidding. I'm sure you have salt in your veins (as well as fuel, bait, soft plastics and probably kryptonite). Cracking fish mate and just one of many you have caught. Keep up the insanity if it means results line that😆

• Haha 1

Thanks keflapod  i have moments every now n then  haha     it takes a bit of bravado to head 10 miles up to the island knowing full well to expect 50knot winds  but i did my homework on all the weather available and have a lot of respect for it     knowing you can plug over to the beach and come home along it in flat conditions helps ease the worry......all turned out as planned    so hopin to go up n chase scratchies whiskers  very soon   though i may have lost him fri  arvo   i got  smoked   and its only 400mtrs from whiskers home

• Haha 1

Hey rick, it's amazing how strong is the call of whiskers and his kin. Makes you research weather patterns, approach and departure routes, contingency plans, strategies and techniques so we can get bent over the side yelling Ffffaaaaarrrr@&$.!!

when you do finally get whiskers he may have a beard like yours. But probably not the cool sunnies.😎

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Killed it   landed me  grand champion title   you have to fish 4 categories and nominate weighin seperate to club points   fresh  estuary  beach n rock  deep sea   keeps me tryin

You certainly put a lot of time in to your fishing Rick. EFFORT = REWARDS, simple. bn

• Like 1