No yakkas in the harbour

Abs

For the last two years we have always caught yakkas amongst the boats near rose bay. this week I have been out twice already. To my surprise we could not even get one!!! Only small snaps,  I have never had this problem before! I am a regular and have consistently used yakka to catch decent size mulloway in the harbour. It has never let me down yo until now. We spent 2/3 hours each time Burleigh hard but they would not come!!!

I was wondering if there could be a reason behind this? And if anyone else has experienced something similar?

thanks in advance ! 

Was out Monday and got mine at Quarantine-no probs at all, they move around a bit, but once the sun was up they went off the bite. I find the key is to be aggressive in your approach to catching bait- if i dont mark them on the sounder IMMEDIATELY MOVE- i very rarely burley- usually only when i have a good school marked and they wont bite, Usually fill the tank in less than 20 minutes using this approach.

• Like 1

Abs, try Balmoral headland or Middle head or Canae, if the yakka’s are not around your normal haunts. I always burley (bread or pollard/ bran or soaked Chook pellets). Was out on Mon & Wed and got heaps (little “Kingie candy” size - heaps of squid also.

pm me if you want more details

• Like 1