Abs

No yakkas in the harbour

For the last two years we have always caught yakkas amongst the boats near rose bay. this week I have been out twice already. To my surprise we could not even get one!!! Only small snaps,  I have never had this problem before! I am a regular and have consistently used yakka to catch decent size mulloway in the harbour. It has never let me down yo until now. We spent 2/3 hours each time Burleigh hard but they would not come!!!

I was wondering if there could be a reason behind this? And if anyone else has experienced something similar?

thanks in advance ! 

Was out Monday and got mine at Quarantine-no probs at all, they move around a bit, but once the sun was up they went off the bite. I find the key is to be aggressive in your approach to catching bait- if i dont mark them on the sounder IMMEDIATELY MOVE- i very rarely burley- usually only when i have a good school marked and they wont bite, Usually fill the tank in less than 20 minutes using this approach.

• Like 1

I'm with Paddy. If I don't find the bait there within 15 mins keep moving. Don't waste hours chasing ghosts. There's no shortage of places in Syd harbour with yakkas

Abs, try Balmoral headland or Middle head or Canae, if the yakka’s are not around your normal haunts. I always burley (bread or pollard/ bran or soaked Chook pellets). Was out on Mon & Wed and got heaps (little “Kingie candy” size - heaps of squid also.

pm me if you want more details

• Like 1

Quarantine, and North Head usually have yakkaz early morning before sun rise, South head usually youll mark up slimmy