Brisbane Waters

Rod84

Anyone had any success lately in Brisbane Waters? I went out today and flicked plastics and vibes for ages with no results. I can usually get at least one flathead.

Edited by Rod84
Spelling

Guest Guest123456789
23 hours ago, Rod84 said:

Anyone had any success lately in Brisbane Waters? I went out today and flicked plastics and vibes for ages with no results. I can usually get at least one flathead.

Welcome to the site Rod. I can see you’ve been here since last year and finally made a post.

There have been plenty of boats on BW of late but no reports on Fishraider.

G’day Rod where abouts you fishing? The fish are there, ive found once you find the flattys they are in good numbers you just may need to try a few different spots, we managed over 40 fish a week ago when the water was 23, fished this week and the water had dropped to 19.5 and only managed a handful. Pm me if you like more then happy to help with a few spots!!!

• Like 2

I went out brisbane waters Saturday morning and struggled. I was trying new techniques for most of the time (flathead on big topwater lures) which resulted in few strikes but no hookups.
When i did try flicking plastics in my usual spots for flathead i just couldn't get one, it was frustrating. Week prior i nabbed a couple of decent flatties and a 75cm king in the same spots.

On 11/17/2019 at 12:04 AM, tyrone07 said:

G’day Rod where abouts you fishing? The fish are there, ive found once you find the flattys they are in good numbers you just may need to try a few different spots, we managed over 40 fish a week ago when the water was 23, fished this week and the water had dropped to 19.5 and only managed a handful. Pm me if you like more then happy to help with a few spots!!!

Thanks mate, I usually go around Bensville or near the Rip targeting flathead. It seems like the tides haven’t been as big this year.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:22 AM, macca02 said:

I went out brisbane waters Saturday morning and struggled. I was trying new techniques for most of the time (flathead on big topwater lures) which resulted in few strikes but no hookups.
When i did try flicking plastics in my usual spots for flathead i just couldn't get one, it was frustrating. Week prior i nabbed a couple of decent flatties and a 75cm king in the same spots.

macca02 did you get the King inside the bay? I’ve caught them trolling along the rocks down towards Terrigal but never inside.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:22 AM, macca02 said:

On 11/16/2019 at 2:10 PM, flatheadluke said:

Welcome to the site Rod. I can see you’ve been here since last year and finally made a post.

There have been plenty of boats on BW of late but no reports on Fishraider.

Thanks I always read this site. I’ve learnt heaps. I was pretty consistent catching flathead last year 1 or 2 a session, sometimes 3.

2 hours ago, Rod84 said:

How did you go?

2 decent sized bream, 2 broke the line cause they swam under my anchor (felt like bream) 2 whiting and a pike as pointed out by another member (i thought it looked like a barracuda cause of the teeth haha - im a newbie) I put a post up but removed it cause i felt a bit silly 🤣 

All caught within the span of 2 hours but spent a solid 2 hours before catching nothing cause of the tides i believe. Unfortunately no flatties

I'm trying to find a spot closer to home so I'm trying the hacking in the next few days and have recently done a charter with Scotty Lyons out in botany bay  

20191118_160748.thumb.jpg.05be029a01eab3d63aab804e23069663.jpg

• Like 1