sw rocks whiting

hookerbruce

Fished the sand flats in the macleay yesterdays afterwards for me I did really well on whiting. Nothing compared to the snapper at Port Stephens. 

Fished from the shore as only a short trip and couldn't be bothered launching the boat..

Fished unweighted nippers  on 1 and 2 kg outfits for about 3hrs near the bottom of the tide. Never caught so many whiting over 35cm in a single outing. .  Going to give them another try tomorrow 

20191114_195935.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, hookerbruce said:

Fished the sand flats in the macleay yesterdays afterwards for me I did really well on whiting. Nothing compared to the snapper at Port Stephens. 

Fished from the shore as only a short trip and couldn't be bothered launching the boat..

Fished unweighted nippers  on 1 and 2 kg outfits for about 3hrs near the bottom of the tide. Never caught so many whiting over 35cm in a single outing. .  Going to give them another try tomorrow 

20191114_195935.jpg

Top effort and feed mate.

Went back this morning tide was slack then started to come in. The fish were not the same as Thursday with a good run out off the flats. Give them another try when I can have a falling tide. 

Today's fish, also released a mid 50s flathead and a dozen under size fish. The flathead I kept was a lightweight 62cm the maximum size I would keep.

All the fish will be eaten Sunday at large family get together.

Thanks for the coments. 

20191116_095536.jpg

Great shore based session!

Do you put the hook through the tail or head of the nipper and what size hook did you use?

Also, can any fellow raiders around Lake Macquarie PM me some places to pump a few nippers?! I imagine Swansea way might have some good spots?

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 1:11 PM, lakelad said:

Great shore based session!

Do you put the hook through the tail or head of the nipper and what size hook did you use?

Also, can any fellow raiders around Lake Macquarie PM me some places to pump a few nippers?! I imagine Swansea way might have some good spots?

I  use a longer shank no. 2 bait holder hook . Put hook into the tail and bring it out just before the head so the body lays straight along the hook. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1