hookerbruce

sw rocks whiting

Recommended Posts

Fished the sand flats in the macleay yesterdays afterwards for me I did really well on whiting. Nothing compared to the snapper at Port Stephens. 

Fished from the shore as only a short trip and couldn't be bothered launching the boat..

Fished unweighted nippers  on 1 and 2 kg outfits for about 3hrs near the bottom of the tide. Never caught so many whiting over 35cm in a single outing. .  Going to give them another try tomorrow 

20191114_195935.jpg

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geeez Bruce that's a nice bag of Estuary fish 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hookerbruce said:

Fished the sand flats in the macleay yesterdays afterwards for me I did really well on whiting. Nothing compared to the snapper at Port Stephens. 

Fished from the shore as only a short trip and couldn't be bothered launching the boat..

Fished unweighted nippers  on 1 and 2 kg outfits for about 3hrs near the bottom of the tide. Never caught so many whiting over 35cm in a single outing. .  Going to give them another try tomorrow 

20191114_195935.jpg

Top effort and feed mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a cracker result there Bruce. Great when you find something that works in a particular place and time. Lots of yummy meals in that lot too. Good job. bn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great report. good luck today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good feed there Bruce. Bigger whiting than the Hacking at present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back this morning tide was slack then started to come in. The fish were not the same as Thursday with a good run out off the flats. Give them another try when I can have a falling tide. 

Today's fish, also released a mid 50s flathead and a dozen under size fish. The flathead I kept was a lightweight 62cm the maximum size I would keep.

All the fish will be eaten Sunday at large family get together.

Thanks for the coments. 

20191116_095536.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a great Flathead,well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great bag over the two days....enjoy the feed:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow great fishing there Bruce. Were you around Jerseyville or further down towards the mouth?

Fil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up river  different spots for about two klm fishing the shallows. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Up river  different spots for about two klm fishing the shallows. 

Some flats near Kinchella that you can access off the shore could be worth a try if you’ve got any nippers left 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shore based session!

Do you put the hook through the tail or head of the nipper and what size hook did you use?

Also, can any fellow raiders around Lake Macquarie PM me some places to pump a few nippers?! I imagine Swansea way might have some good spots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 1:11 PM, lakelad said:

Great shore based session!

Do you put the hook through the tail or head of the nipper and what size hook did you use?

Also, can any fellow raiders around Lake Macquarie PM me some places to pump a few nippers?! I imagine Swansea way might have some good spots?

I  use a longer shank no. 2 bait holder hook . Put hook into the tail and bring it out just before the head so the body lays straight along the hook. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      65,211
    • Total Posts
      523,434