nbdshroom

Boom! I stacked It Into The Water!

G'day guys, what an eventful fishing session! 😃 I only wanted to go there and try to catch that big bass that dusted me in my previous attempt up at the lake at Parramatta.

The session got going when I decided to hit the shaded patches along the shoreline and came tight to the first bass of the day. Good little scrap from a feisty little fish which managed to spike me and release itself all in the same motion! It definitely went wrong there and it was a sign of (bad) things to come...

raider11.thumb.jpg.e4f1d3e3e4d17892e73109c26ff08806.jpg

Shortly after, I got stuck into another model a bit further up. Another good specimen in close right at the end of a rocky drop but that was about as good at got before it turned bad...

What happened next, I tried to step onto the leading rock to release the fish and I had a big stack right into the water! Ouch! It was pretty funny in hindsight and luckily no one saw me haha. 😂

2stack.thumb.jpg.7d6683d42860bda87dfc01bd78324fc7.jpg

stack_thumb.thumb.jpg.1f9d3299ed9469cae9bc79f7fb32ebd4.jpg

Luckily I was okay and able to continue the session!

raider12.thumb.jpg.2243679e3a4b9ecaaf6a74897042cdb2.jpg

I guess I'll just have to work on my releasing techniques for next time. Thanks for reading! 😎

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Good job maintaining commentary as you were falling. What a professional. hahaha. 

Edited by eladamrine
added a sentence
  • Like 1

Great story. Super photos.

• Like 1

Could have been much worse. 🤣

Good work on getting amongst a few. 

• Like 1

What better than a bit of fishing and a swim at the same time? Lucky it wasn't the depths of Winter eh? Cheers bn

• Like 1

Hey Pete,

Great video. It’s good when you can laugh at yourself. I once went all the way in off the swimming fence at forty baskets.

Cheers

Richard 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nbdshroom said:

G'day guys, what an eventful fishing session! 😃 I only wanted to go there and try to catch that big bass that dusted me in my previous attempt up at the lake at Parramatta.

The session got going when I decided to hit the shaded patches along the shoreline and came tight to the first bass of the day. Good little scrap from a feisty little fish which managed to spike me and release itself all in the same motion! It definitely went wrong there and it was a sign of (bad) things to come...

raider11.thumb.jpg.e4f1d3e3e4d17892e73109c26ff08806.jpg

Shortly after, I got stuck into another model a bit further up. Another good specimen in close right at the end of a rocky drop but that was about as good at got before it turned bad...

What happened next, I tried to step onto the leading rock to release the fish and I had a big stack right into the water! Ouch! It was pretty funny in hindsight and luckily no one saw me haha. 😂

2stack.thumb.jpg.7d6683d42860bda87dfc01bd78324fc7.jpg

stack_thumb.thumb.jpg.1f9d3299ed9469cae9bc79f7fb32ebd4.jpg

Luckily I was okay and able to continue the session!

raider12.thumb.jpg.2243679e3a4b9ecaaf6a74897042cdb2.jpg

I guess I'll just have to work on my releasing techniques for next time. Thanks for reading! 😎

Haha, reminds me of when I was a kid fishing at a place called Wildwood in Vic. Hooked a nice trout using a small bubble float with a grasshopper suspended a foot below it (killer rig) fish took it but didn't notice the broken guide. Line caught on it and broke. So I see a float bob bob bob away out into the pool in the river/creek (upper reaches of the  maribyrnong) Am I gonna watch it go away? No way, I dive in, grab the float and line and with each pull or lunge of the trout I stretch my arm out to take the shock. Few minutes later I land a 3 lb brown, good fish for that place and have this story to tell to this day. Getting wet for a fish is always worth it. Nobody saw me but I'll never forget that fish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eladamrine said:

Good job maintaining commentary as you were falling. What a professional. hahaha. 

I did feel like Russel Coight for a moment lol

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great story. Super photos.

Thanks Rebel! Glad you liked it!

6 hours ago, Rah said:

Could have been much worse. 🤣

Good work on getting amongst a few. 

True 😂 I could have had a crowd watching lol.

5 hours ago, big Neil said:

What better than a bit of fishing and a swim at the same time? Lucky it wasn't the depths of Winter eh? Cheers bn

I can't think of anything better than that haha. I mean if it's so refreshing when done separately, you can imagine the benefits when they are done simultaneously!

4 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Hey Pete,

Great video. It’s good when you can laugh at yourself. I once went all the way in off the swimming fence at forty baskets.

Cheers

Richard 

Haha wow... From the comments it seems as though quite a few people have gone in! 

3 hours ago, TAZ said:

Haha, reminds me of when I was a kid fishing at a place called Wildwood in Vic. Hooked a nice trout using a small bubble float with a grasshopper suspended a foot below it (killer rig) fish took it but didn't notice the broken guide. Line caught on it and broke. So I see a float bob bob bob away out into the pool in the river/creek (upper reaches of the  maribyrnong) Am I gonna watch it go away? No way, I dive in, grab the float and line and with each pull or lunge of the trout I stretch my arm out to take the shock. Few minutes later I land a 3 lb brown, good fish for that place and have this story to tell to this day. Getting wet for a fish is always worth it. Nobody saw me but I'll never forget that fish.

That's awesome! I'd jump in for a few good fish lol. I've had something similar happen to me with a flathead but once the line snapped it just sat on the bottom and I was able to grab the braid and hand wind it in haha

• Like 1

Great vid again Pete!

Love your academic approach Dr Pete - “why did it let go” I bet you are keeping stats 👏

Another top report, video & photos At least you didn’t get your tackle wet or your rod and reel 😁

• Like 1

Hey mate, great vid. I went to the same place to have a go at my first bass and managed to catch 3! They were all caught on really small paddle tail lures rigged wormless. Like you I also managed to slip into the water although that was trying free a bass that had wrapped itself around a branch. Thanks for the tip, give me a shout if you ever want a fishing buddy!