Boom! I stacked It Into The Water!

nbdshroom

G'day guys, what an eventful fishing session! 😃 I only wanted to go there and try to catch that big bass that dusted me in my previous attempt up at the lake at Parramatta.

The session got going when I decided to hit the shaded patches along the shoreline and came tight to the first bass of the day. Good little scrap from a feisty little fish which managed to spike me and release itself all in the same motion! It definitely went wrong there and it was a sign of (bad) things to come...

raider11.thumb.jpg.e4f1d3e3e4d17892e73109c26ff08806.jpg

Shortly after, I got stuck into another model a bit further up. Another good specimen in close right at the end of a rocky drop but that was about as good at got before it turned bad...

What happened next, I tried to step onto the leading rock to release the fish and I had a big stack right into the water! Ouch! It was pretty funny in hindsight and luckily no one saw me haha. 😂

2stack.thumb.jpg.7d6683d42860bda87dfc01bd78324fc7.jpg

stack_thumb.thumb.jpg.1f9d3299ed9469cae9bc79f7fb32ebd4.jpg

Luckily I was okay and able to continue the session!

raider12.thumb.jpg.2243679e3a4b9ecaaf6a74897042cdb2.jpg

I guess I'll just have to work on my releasing techniques for next time. Thanks for reading! 😎

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, nbdshroom said:

G'day guys, what an eventful fishing session! 😃 I only wanted to go there and try to catch that big bass that dusted me in my previous attempt up at the lake at Parramatta.

The session got going when I decided to hit the shaded patches along the shoreline and came tight to the first bass of the day. Good little scrap from a feisty little fish which managed to spike me and release itself all in the same motion! It definitely went wrong there and it was a sign of (bad) things to come...

raider11.thumb.jpg.e4f1d3e3e4d17892e73109c26ff08806.jpg

Shortly after, I got stuck into another model a bit further up. Another good specimen in close right at the end of a rocky drop but that was about as good at got before it turned bad...

What happened next, I tried to step onto the leading rock to release the fish and I had a big stack right into the water! Ouch! It was pretty funny in hindsight and luckily no one saw me haha. 😂

2stack.thumb.jpg.7d6683d42860bda87dfc01bd78324fc7.jpg

stack_thumb.thumb.jpg.1f9d3299ed9469cae9bc79f7fb32ebd4.jpg

Luckily I was okay and able to continue the session!

raider12.thumb.jpg.2243679e3a4b9ecaaf6a74897042cdb2.jpg

I guess I'll just have to work on my releasing techniques for next time. Thanks for reading! 😎

Haha, reminds me of when I was a kid fishing at a place called Wildwood in Vic. Hooked a nice trout using a small bubble float with a grasshopper suspended a foot below it (killer rig) fish took it but didn't notice the broken guide. Line caught on it and broke. So I see a float bob bob bob away out into the pool in the river/creek (upper reaches of the  maribyrnong) Am I gonna watch it go away? No way, I dive in, grab the float and line and with each pull or lunge of the trout I stretch my arm out to take the shock. Few minutes later I land a 3 lb brown, good fish for that place and have this story to tell to this day. Getting wet for a fish is always worth it. Nobody saw me but I'll never forget that fish.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eladamrine said:

Good job maintaining commentary as you were falling. What a professional. hahaha. 

I did feel like Russel Coight for a moment lol

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great story. Super photos.

Thanks Rebel! Glad you liked it!

6 hours ago, Rah said:

Could have been much worse. 🤣

Good work on getting amongst a few. 

True 😂 I could have had a crowd watching lol.

5 hours ago, big Neil said:

What better than a bit of fishing and a swim at the same time? Lucky it wasn't the depths of Winter eh? Cheers bn

I can't think of anything better than that haha. I mean if it's so refreshing when done separately, you can imagine the benefits when they are done simultaneously!

4 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Hey Pete,

Great video. It’s good when you can laugh at yourself. I once went all the way in off the swimming fence at forty baskets.

Cheers

Richard 

Haha wow... From the comments it seems as though quite a few people have gone in! 

3 hours ago, TAZ said:

Haha, reminds me of when I was a kid fishing at a place called Wildwood in Vic. Hooked a nice trout using a small bubble float with a grasshopper suspended a foot below it (killer rig) fish took it but didn't notice the broken guide. Line caught on it and broke. So I see a float bob bob bob away out into the pool in the river/creek (upper reaches of the  maribyrnong) Am I gonna watch it go away? No way, I dive in, grab the float and line and with each pull or lunge of the trout I stretch my arm out to take the shock. Few minutes later I land a 3 lb brown, good fish for that place and have this story to tell to this day. Getting wet for a fish is always worth it. Nobody saw me but I'll never forget that fish.

That's awesome! I'd jump in for a few good fish lol. I've had something similar happen to me with a flathead but once the line snapped it just sat on the bottom and I was able to grab the braid and hand wind it in haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, great vid. I went to the same place to have a go at my first bass and managed to catch 3! They were all caught on really small paddle tail lures rigged wormless. Like you I also managed to slip into the water although that was trying free a bass that had wrapped itself around a branch. Thanks for the tip, give me a shout if you ever want a fishing buddy!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2019 at 7:37 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Great vid again Pete!

Love your academic approach Dr Pete - “why did it let go” I bet you are keeping stats 👏

Wow didn't realise I had several messages that I hadn't replied to... for months! Thanks Donna. Short of sticking a GoPro on a stick into the water, I may never find out! Sometimes a bit of mystery is good. 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:35 PM, 61 crusher said:

Another top report, video & photos At least you didn’t get your tackle wet or your rod and reel 😁

Haha yep. Short of a broken arm, that reel was never going to get dunked if I could help it. 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:16 AM, Foreversnagged said:

Hey mate, great vid. I went to the same place to have a go at my first bass and managed to catch 3! They were all caught on really small paddle tail lures rigged wormless. Like you I also managed to slip into the water although that was trying free a bass that had wrapped itself around a branch. Thanks for the tip, give me a shout if you ever want a fishing buddy!

Nice one! Good to hear you that you opened your bass account. Weedless rig would be good in some of the snaggy spots. Bad luck on the slip too haha! Hope it wasn't too serious.

• Like 1