Level 2 water restrictions

mii11x

Quick question after checking out Sydney Water's website and the policy on level 2 water restrictions.

Would my outboard's earmuffs be deemed as a "purpose designed flushing device"?  

I have messaged Sydney Water this evening, hopefully they will respond tomorrow.

Curious what you fellas think.  Take the time to check out boat cleaning restrictions at home and at the ramp also fellas.

Mick

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Thanks this is a good post

891A9E19-8AAE-45E1-B16C-7DC2987DD62A.jpeg

All good till you get to the very end (Boat Ramp hoses). Can you imagine how long a timer or trigger nozzle would last at a public ramp wash facility? Someone would have to replace them every day! bn

33 minutes ago, big Neil said:

All good till you get to the very end (Boat Ramp hoses). Can you imagine how long a timer or trigger nozzle would last at a public ramp wash facility? Someone would have to replace them every day! bn

BYO mate!

I have 2 at home, not to hard or exy to put one in your boot.

Edited by kingie chaser

6 hours ago, Rebel said:

Last time this happened I installed a 5000 litre water tank. Over the years it has saved the water bill. Great investment.

I hope you have one of those little signs saying tank water used for irrigation :whistling:

I've heard of people walking past properties & seeing all this water being sprayed everywhere & reported them only to find out they used tank or bore water.

Pretty much an example of how Australian's including politicians have not prepared for future hard times.

At minimum imo every house, town house, apartment block built since 1950 odd should have had some sort of water saving device built into either the building or underground.

General consensus- why do we need to do that, we are connected to town water!!

Forward thinking = 0!!!! 

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Pretty much an example of how Australian's including politicians have not prepared for future hard times.

At minimum imo every house, town house, apartment block built since 1950 odd should have had some sort of water saving device built into either the building or underground.

Forward thinking = 0!!!! 

Totally agree that adding a tank water option AND solar, at the building stage, would bring long term benefits to everyone. bn

17 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Forward thinking = 0!!!! 

It is pretty much compulsory to have water tanks and solar panels on any new home these days, at least in my neck of the woods but it hasn't always been so.

When I was a kid we had tanks until the local council supplied mains water. Once the system was up and running everyone had to remove their tanks or face a fine.

I built my first home in the early 1980's in the same shire and after completion, discreetly added a water tank for the sole purpose of watering my vege garden. Not long after I received a nasty letter from council demanding I remove the "offensive structure" or face a $1000 fine, which in those days was around a months pay. I fought the matter but eventually gave up and removed the tank.

Ironically I'm now getting letters offering me rebates to instal a tank or two.....go figure.

• Confused 1

When I put the tank in I also added a solar hot water system, fitted it on the roof. Best thing I ever did.

I was driving north on the M1 an hour ago. It was raining so hard I couldn't see the guy in front of me. 

Cheers.

Guest Guest123456789

Central coast dam at 50% capacity and wont go to level 2 in the short term.

Another rainwater tank fan - the plants (particularly indoor) do much better compared to mains water.