Transom. Ladder, Anchor winch

JACK87

Hey Raiders, been a long time lurker. I’m refitting out my boat, she’s originally a Pride hull with a half cabin that’s been chopped down and built into a centre console, I can’t take credit for the works it was built by an ex water copper. 

This week I’m having a Yamaha 115 four stroke EFI installed, this is prompting me to finish the “fit out” to suit my needs more. 

I’m searching for the right T top and trying to sort out an electric anchor winch because I’m basically too lazy to drag one up. 

I also need to sort a boating ladder, with previous boats I’ve always had swim boards with factory mounted ladders. I’ve attached a pic of the boat, any tips? 

Thanks guys, I’m located in Sydney and up the central coast a fair bit. If you see me out give me a shout! Cheers Jack 

1A521E1A-31E6-40B9-814D-8B8DBCCDEE58.jpeg

AB2E384E-4C0B-4B8A-8163-AE1D803C9CA1.jpeg

76C01316-5A5E-4A83-8458-A57E565A0C96.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi,

There is a guy in West Gosford. Who should be able to help you. His prices are ok. I will PM you the details

Cheers.

Edited by Rebel
No business links/posts - please pm the details

Hi

@zmk1962 put a winch on his boat. He did a youtube about it and its on this forum too. Something you might consider would be to fill in the transom and attach an outboard pod with a swim platform. That will be a few $$$ more than a ladder though. I've see a couple of T-tops for sale on the local free advertising site.

Would you consider an electric motor on the front with spot lock instead of a winch? Your boat looks good!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, I’d love to close the transom in, build in a live bait tank ect but don’t really feel like spending the $$$$ to have it done, maybe in years to come. 

I had the engine replaced yesterday, extremely keen to get it out and give her a run. Main reason for the engine swap was to eliminate the hassle and unreliability of the really tired 2 stroke. 

started her up yesterday and absolutely no smoke, started as soon as I touched the key, so much quieter. 

I won’t be taking 20 minutes to get her going every time I want to head out now! 

I haven’t looked into an electric motor for the bow, any recommendations? 

6A4F1B55-5458-4CCC-9905-E037AA4F45DF.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice looking engine. I hope you have many hassle free years. Any reason for the hydrofoil on the cav plate? I've not yet looked at the electric motors, but it is on my list. The main requirements that I would have would be spot lock and possible auto-deploy as getting to the front of my boat can be difficult. There are a couple of well know brands, and I guess it might end up in the holden v ford debate. I've used them in little boats in the creek and they are superb, along with bigger boats chasing barra up north. Just about as essential as a cold beer

When you ask about boarding ladder, do you want one for simply getting in the boat on land or is it from diving or snorkelling etc. The reason I ask is that we spear from our boat as well as fish and often need to get into the boat very quickly. Having the right kind of entry back into the boat can be very important if you've just been chased by something toothy or a seal. Not having to remove your fins with ladders like these might be worth looking at. By the way with my boat we simply swim up over the sides, which came in handy when a great white took a keen interest in my daughter.

IMG_2600.thumb.PNG.d9f75e750cb8f151a0cb04cdfcdbe55a.PNG

• Like 1