Outboard Motor Bolt On Lock - Ideas.

auspom

Hey Guys

New to boating as just bought a 2005 Quintrex Estuary Angler with a 25hp Yamaha.

I am wanting to remove one of the transom nuts and replace with a bolt on type of lock, now i realise that there are a good few available on the likes of evilbay but just wondering would a car wheel locking nut do the same job as long as i made sure the thread was the same.

Or does anyone have any home made ideas for a bolt on lock not the slider tube type as mine does not have the 2 tightening levers.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

auspom

5 hours ago, auspom said:

Hey Guys

New to boating as just bought a 2005 Quintrex Estuary Angler with a 25hp Yamaha.

I am wanting to remove one of the transom nuts and replace with a bolt on type of lock, now i realise that there are a good few available on the likes of evilbay but just wondering would a car wheel locking nut do the same job as long as i made sure the thread was the same.

Or does anyone have any home made ideas for a bolt on lock not the slider tube type as mine does not have the 2 tightening levers.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

auspom

Best lock if it's to prevent theft is a tack weld on the existing nut.Nothing is truly anti-theft though. I could have pretty much anything off within sec/min including wheel nuts.

Some photos would help guys recommend options too.

Cheers.

• Like 2