Kingfish rod rock fishing

Ali2196

Hey guys! Summers coming up and I really want to get amongst the kings and hopefully catch my first off the rocks! 
ive been having a look online but can’t decide which rod to go with and what size.. I don’t care how much I pay, just as long as it’s worth it!
Thanks guys! 
Ali.

If you have a budget where you dont care how much you pay, then your range can be pretty much anything. You can be fussy about how you want the rod, down to the level of how you want that rod to be. You have rods around the $150 mark that can do the job up to rods in the $1,300+ mark.

You need to decide if you are using live bait or lures and have an idea of what ledges you are fishing off as to whether you need to cast or need a long rod to control fish around rocks at your feet. Also, how big you are hoping they will be and how you intend to land them. For example if you cant get down to the water's edge you may need a long and very heavy beach/rock rod and use bait/live bait and may have to swing fish (up to 70-80cm) straight up out of the water with the rod. You may be fishing a more accessible ledge and can throw lures with a 7 foot or 9 foot rod and be able to get to the water's edge to wash the fish up, grab it or gaff it.