Port Stephens- smoked!!!

Scratchie

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Deal! I reckon if I told the missus, “Scratchie’s invited me out fishing”, the missus would say, “Why don’t you go?” Go figure! 😂 I’d love to go out in someone else’s boat for a change and observe. I’ll message you my days off!

PS. I really appreciate the info you share and value it highly! 😊 🙏 

That’s because you’ll bring home a feed Baz! Lol 😝 

Mate, I’ll text you when we’re going and you drop everything! Will give plenty of notice! 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keflapod said:

Looks like whiskers has called in some re inforcements. He's called in ZZ Top (for the whiskers effect) and now Arnold ShwatzennSnapper. The steroids are real !  It never ceases to amaze me the size of the Reds you're getting and still getting destroyed on bigger fish. But I agree it's the feeling of being done by a big fish that pisses us off enough to want revenge. Grrr. Revenge fishing.. Lol. I love it.

Haha! Well said! If we landed every big fish we’ve hooked up here there would be snapper for years in the fridge! I like revenge fishing too! 😂😂

8 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Always a balancing act! On any snapper if you don’t get that hook in the corner of the mouth on a biggun, your screwed! The one yesterday actually snapped my braid near the rod tip or reel. Not sure it happened to quick. New braid, never had that happen before. Must have had a defect! 

Braid is never trustworthy, 20lb braid could break at 20kgs or in your case far below its actual rating.

8 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Thanks BN couldn’t agree more! 

@Berleyguts

Baz mate, nearly every report I’ve placed this year you have posted that “you should have went out, couldn’t get out, wanted to get out.”

I place the reports because I did get out there and have a go! 

Despite being married with four kids, both my wife and I do shift work. My kids are talented on the sporting field which means we have commitments 6 days a week and I still make the time to go fishing as it is my passion! 

I also work hard for the fish I catch myself and the others I fish with, so it’s not just a matter of getting out there! 

You live closer to the ramp than any other fishraider member and I’ve not only showed you my spots and techniques first hand but always provide you with lots of information. 

So, next time woodsy and me go fishing, your coming with us and if you don’t catch a snapper, I’ll swim back from the island! 

Deal???? 

Hope you get a good one mate@Berleyguts I'd hate to see Jeff swimming past me😝😝

• Haha 2

Check your guides for any nicks, happened to me before too, thought that was strange busting off at the rod, turns out someone had used the ring as a hook holder instead of the guide foot.

cost me a decent king!

may or may not be the cause but it reminded me of that day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

I know what a specimen right!!! Haha 

Ill out you onto them Baz, you’ve just gotta land them. 🤔

Lol! I’ll be happy to just hook up for a change! 😂 Actually, I’d just be glad to get out on the water again. 😎

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Haha 1