Red at last

JonD

Headed out with my daughter a few days ago now that the leather jackets have mostly headed north. I only managed one red but my daughter had no problem showing me up. I fished two rods, one with micro jigs and the other plastics while my daughter concentrated on just one micro outfit. Due to my years of experience over my daughter I showed her just how skilful I am at catching the highly prized pike 😂 I caught them at all depths, while my daughter only managed those red things!!!...even a swallowtail naniguy. I also showed her how to get stuck into a banjo ray as she pulled rubbish sand flathead between 50-55cm!!!....as you can imagine there was much banter at my expense. Kings have been on and off at Monty with the pro's pulling reasonable numbers most days.

We are now at level 3 water restrictions, so be aware anyone heading down this way that the wash down areas have had taps removed.

As for the bananas, we always take bananas onboard and love using them in fishy photos for those no banana phobia people.

_JDP8574.thumb.jpg.e80fdf1b8222e647c335551f1b1e2229.jpg

_JDP8587.jpg.ead86beec2822a810aca232b72caf3f7.jpg

_JDP8594.jpg.a36f42c64b04b4da2d937b33ed2421e1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JonD said:

Headed out with my daughter a few days ago now that the leather jackets have mostly headed north. I only managed one red but my daughter had no problem showing me up. I fished two rods, one with micro jigs and the other plastics while my daughter concentrated on just one micro outfit. Due to my years of experience over my daughter I showed her just how skilful I am at catching the highly prized pike 😂 I caught them at all depths, while my daughter only managed those red things!!!...even a swallowtail naniguy. I also showed her how to get stuck into a banjo ray as she pulled rubbish sand flathead between 50-55cm!!!....as you can imagine there was much banter at my expense. Kings have been on and off at Monty with the pro's pulling reasonable numbers most days.

We are now at level 3 water restrictions, so be aware anyone heading down this way that the wash down areas have had taps removed.

As for the bananas, we always take bananas onboard and love using them in fishy photos for those no banana phobia people.

_JDP8574.thumb.jpg.e80fdf1b8222e647c335551f1b1e2229.jpg

_JDP8587.jpg.ead86beec2822a810aca232b72caf3f7.jpg

_JDP8594.jpg.a36f42c64b04b4da2d937b33ed2421e1.jpg

Cool bananas mate!  You old enough to know that quote!?

If not it means very, very good! Errrgh, now I'm feeling old. 😥

Edited by TAZ
  • Like 1

Hi Jon, clearly you aren't reading the signs here. The bananas are the REASON you're getting the fish to the boat. The rest is up to the anglers. So the only way to beat your daughters efforts are to USE the bananas as Live Bait. And if little miss cheeky catches on to the idea as well then really your trips are gonna become Revenge Fishing (@scratchie) and that's when the real fun begins!. For those of you who watch Extreme fishing with Robson Green it's like Robson losing a fishing challenge and he's  a funny sore loser. Fantastic effort Jon and apprentice. Fabulous fish, photos and good fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great report and photos. Great to see the younger generation taking interest.

Not just an interest, more like obsession. She left home at just before 4am today, took two back to back charters and then talked me into taking her out in our boat this evening. I've just finished cutting up her 1.25m kingy as well as grabbing a couple of 1.5kg crays. 

Edited by JonD
  • Like 3