First King

Bilo

Hey guys, still pretty new to this sport - and me and my mate have one goal... WE WANT A KINGY 

I was just wondering if some of you fellas could help us make sure we have the right gear and point us in some good land based spots... 

any replied will be helpful 

Thanks

bilo 😊 

Land based or boat ?

Plenty of places from a boat and also some decent rock spots for land based. 

Tackle wise has changed a little over the years. Now small child like outfits are quite capable of stopping kings, the gear is easier on the angler with much more power from parabolic action rods etc. Even little gomoku rods can be fully loaded with about as much force as you can posdibly apply. 

If you find kings away from structure then you can really have some fun on light bream gear, as I've been doing with a little Daiwa black wicked weasel and a stradic ci4 3000 ( not that I would recommend this ).

14 minutes ago, JonD said:

Land based or boat ?

Plenty of places from a boat and also some decent rock spots for land based. 

Tackle wise has changed a little over the years. Now small child like outfits are quite capable of stopping kings, the gear is easier on the angler with much more power from parabolic action rods etc. Even little gomoku rods can be fully loaded with about as much force as you can posdibly apply. 

If you find kings away from structure then you can really have some fun on light bream gear, as I've been doing with a little Daiwa black wicked weasel and a stradic ci4 3000 ( not that I would recommend this ).

I would be land based. Would be keen to get started soon.

Although I don't want to break the bank with gear, and I would like stuff that isn't too heavy, but not too light when we talking Weight range

Just because I'm not in the mood to type lots this evening have a look at this thread that I and others responded to a while back:

Note that the original query was relating to boats and kayaks but then branched out into shore based and techniques to catch them. A lot of information in there.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DerekD said:

Just because I'm not in the mood to type lots this evening have a look at this thread that I and others responded to a while back:

Note that the original query was relating to boats and kayaks but then branched out into shore based and techniques to catch them. A lot of information in there.

Yep, lots of that sort of stuff in there Derek & so much more.

Some chat, good advice, locations & some dead ends.

But that's all part of the search or quest for information.

• Thanks 1