2010 tournament 2100 walkaround leaking

Justin taylor

2010 tournament 2100 walkaround leaking water , just recently purchased this boat , there is water in the airtight sponsons under the floor , I estimate there would be at least 80 ltrs on the port side , the hull all looks sound so I’m assuming the water has come through the floor fittings etc , You can hear the water washing around in the side of the gunnel , I don’t suppose anyone would have some sort of skeletal plans of the hull so I can work out where to put an additional bung plug on the transom and inspection port hole in the floor , so I can drain the water and then find out where it’s been coming in , any help would be muchley appreciated , cheers justin 

34 minutes ago, JonD said:

tAre you sure it's not just from a leaky bung, the plastic often becomes hard and doesn't seal very well. New bungs and tightening them firm might fix the issue.

I think he said it was freshwater in the hull and the boat is being used in saltwater (or maybe that was the previous cases). In any event that would rule out leaking bungs.

Edited by kingfishbig

No because the water in the hull won’t drain out through the std bung meaning that the water is in the airtight section of the hull where it can’t be drained out , because I haven’t got to where the water is as yet I can’t determine whether it’s fresh or salt water , but going of the issues of read in previous posts I’m pretty shore it will be fresh water getting in around the deck area somewhere, cheers Justin 

• 2 weeks later...