What sort of boat

cooky6983

Hey raiders,

I’ve had my little boat for a bit and until now have never really worried about what sort of boat it is. I’ve had a couple of mates ask me and I’ve drawn a blank so I’m hoping that somebody of you experts out there can help me. I only have a couple of pics of it sorry. There are no markings on it anywhere. Hoping you can help. Thanks 

Cooky 

475FC97D-0135-4814-92BD-909280DE8F6E.jpeg

F6FB9159-452C-4AF9-B535-57163A433855.jpeg

575EF34A-4A6C-4E9C-8C97-7977443F09B7.jpeg

9660C306-D3E2-4D7B-A741-DC2F3AC1DA09.jpeg

9 hours ago, fishingrod said:

Hi mate

Thats almost certainly a Savage Astra. Probably from the late 70’s to early 80’s era.

Mate I think you are right. Brilliant and thank you. There’s nothing on the HIN plate and having now done a google search in your suggestion I’d say you’re right. Good on you mate. 

Cooky 

• Like 1

Hi Cooky.

Small world, I think we met about a year ago a fair way up the Hawkesbury, when you needed to get back to Berowra Waters.

Factory fitted HIN’s (containing the manufacturer’s code within the HIN) only started appearing from about the mid to late 90’s. 

cheers, Rod

Edited by fishingrod
Added HIN comment

5 hours ago, motiondave said:

the HIN plates tell nothing usually of the make of the boat, especially if its older. Ive got registered boats, even my tinny was classed as an aluminuim runabout, I now have a Pongrass surfmaster, and rego papers and HIN specify it as open runabout.

I'm positive my Quintrex Hornet (green of course) at the least had Telwater on the rego papers.

Perhaps it wasn't a requirement for older boats?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 11:51 AM, fishingrod said:

Hi Cooky.

Small world, I think we met about a year ago a fair way up the Hawkesbury, when you needed to get back to Berowra Waters.

Factory fitted HIN’s (containing the manufacturer’s code within the HIN) only started appearing from about the mid to late 90’s. 

cheers, Rod

Now I'm just embarrassed :)

On 12/5/2019 at 7:55 AM, motiondave said:

the HIN plates tell nothing usually of the make of the boat, especially if its older. Ive got registered boats, even my tinny was classed as an aluminuim runabout, I now have a Pongrass surfmaster, and rego papers and HIN specify it as open runabout.

Thanks mate. Yeah definitely nothing on the HIN plates. Thanks for the reply