Jervis Bay - landbased spots for lure fishing

relapse

Hey guys, 

I posted last week asking for advice on metal lure fishing off the beach as I was going to see multiple beaches along the coast. Due to fires, plans have changed and I'm now stuck in Jervis Bay (poor me). I'm not having much luck with the lures though. Many spots are banned from fishing and many spots just seem to calm/shallow to fish? Like the water of the beach is just crystal clear and still, to the point I can see my lure the whole way in. Does anyone have a recommendation for spots to try in the area? 

Cheers

There's a few options. First if you're in the Huskisson / Vincentia area, you can head out to Bherwerre beach in Booderee National Park (there is an entry fee) and fish there, best on the high tide. If you're keen you can drive down Elmoos Rd to the south end of the beach, about 30min down a narrow dirt road, and fish there. This is where I do 90% of my beach fishing and rarely miss out. A look on google should have you sorted.

If you're on the Callala end of the bay, head out to Warrain Beach on the road to Currarong. There's plenty of tracks into the beach off the side of the road, but the standout spot would be around Kinghorn Point which is a short drive in off the sealed road. Again, google will help you locate it. Check out the marine park zones because this beach has a sanctuary zone. Another option is drive to Culburra and fish the beach across from Lake Wollumboola.

What I'm really saying here is get out of the bay and go fish the ocean facing beaches. You'll do heaps better.

• Like 2