Anglapro boats

garfield28

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here owns or knows much about the anglapro boats at all? 

I'm all but made up my mind that I'd like a new rig to fish on. As stated here in the past my boat is just too big and heavy to launch and retrieve on my own, and I find now that unless it's a fairly reasonable day outside I'd rather fish the bay or rivers anyway. I don't get out much on my boat at present as I find I go alone a lot and just cannot be bothered wrestling with it back at the ramp and also my trailer is dog sh@t and I'm over it. 

I was at one stage thinking of getting a formosa centre cab as they look a really nice rig and I've heard good things about them but they are quite pricey and out of reach realistically. Also after fishing on a Quintrex Top Ender side console a while back that was decked out with an electric motor and great storage under the floor compartments, Ive made my mind up that a side console open boat, with electric motor is the way I'd love to go. They are just so practical and so bloody enjoyable to fish from. I understand now that fishing with an electric is a game changer. To be able to pull up and fish a Rockwall all the way down, or hover over a school of bait without having to lug the anchor over board is so much quicker and more effective. 

The only problem now is which one and which size. There's so many lovely looking open boats on the market that it makes it super hard on which one to choose. I love the renegades but they are so pricey! I like the looks if the Stacer outlaw but wonder if it is as dry and soft a ride as the renegade, but they seem pretty pricey too. Today I stumbled across Anglapro boats and from what I can see they look magnificent and a few K cheaper than the others, but would love some feedback on them as I wasn't able to find too much on the internet tonight. 

I'm also wondering do I go something over 4.8 long so that I don't fall into the category of having the life jacket restrictions placed on me, but I can save a bit more coin if I were to go one around that 4.6 - 4.7 mark. 

Ideally I'd love to still be able to run outside in half decent conditions when the snapper are on the bite too. 

From what I could see, the Anglapro 4.84 bandit looks a weapon, but as I say not much on them that I could find on Google or reviews, and I wonder if their hulls provide a close match for the millennium blade hull or the Stacer hull with a dry soft ride.

Thanks heaps in advance

Geoff

Yeah looked at that exact boat and the sniper a lot recently.....Either would be even more perfect than my current setup, and I love my current setup.  I just don't think I could ever get rid of my current hahaha.

Spending the extra for length vs wearing a jacket solo or at nights.......Well man, that's entirely up to you.  I have never had a problem with my Pfd, nor have any of my mates when we are required to wear them.  We don't even notice they are on.

My main reason to go from my current 4.5 Brooker side console to a Anglapro bandit/sniper 4.8 has been entirely based upon layout and extra space.  Well the layout is more or less the same, except the transom area.  My Brooker does not have the pod style transom to mount the outboard, so I can't really have a bait board mounted above or in front the outboard.  I just keep using my livebait bucket sat in front of my outboard and the lid of that as my bait board.  This setup I use, I have become used to after 10 years, it's not really a hassle, I am more nitpicking.....but the Angla would be perfect with the bait board.  Maybe, if I had the Angla, I would see the bait board getting in the way a little when I lure fish.

I usually baitfish solo at night, so I have plenty of room.  Even still, if I take a mate or my father, we still have room and any of us have never seen space inside my boat to be an issue......a bigger boat would have extra space as a perk.

Lastly, I would have to remove some benching from the rear of my garage to accommodate a 4.8 on a trailer.  Again not a hassle, but I would lose work bench space.

I havnt priced them (sniper or bandit), can I ask if you have....what is the difference between the 4.5 and 4.8.  And what outboard size have you priced them with if you have?

• Thanks 1

I can’t speak for the AnglerPro but I have a Stacer Outlaw 449 (4.5m) side console and am very happy with it. I originally wanted a 4.8m boat or longer for the PFD issue but, honestly, it is 2nd nature now to wear my auto inflatable PFD. The 4.5m length suits me to a tee and handles conditions offshore with ease. If you need the extra 0.3m, fine, but I wouldn’t let the PFD issue force me to break my budget. If you’re ever up in Port Stephens, I’m happy to take you out for a ride in mine, if you like. (Might be a reason I can give the missus so I can go fishing!😂). However, I work in retail, so lots of weekends and December/January up here is a nightmare!

One thing, I have a side console. It’s great... but I sometimes wish I chose a centre console. I mostly fish solo and there are times when I’m doing an early morning winter run to Broughton Island and the spray is coming over the starboard quarter that I wish I was a little closer to the centre of the boat! 😂

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mii11x said:

I havnt priced them (sniper or bandit), can I ask if you have....what is the difference between the 4.5 and 4.8.  And what outboard size have you priced them with if you have?

Thanks heaps for the reply mii11x

The main reason I was looking at the 4.8 as against anything smaller was mainly the life jacket rule. I have a lot of family in Sydney and the bigger boat would allow me to take more on boat too if I were to have a few visit at once. 

Outboard I'd really like something around 75 - 90 in a 4 stroke 

13 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I can’t speak for the AnglerPro but I have a Stacer Outlaw 449 (4.5m) side console and am very happy with it. I originally wanted a 4.8m boat or longer for the PFD issue but, honestly, it is 2nd nature now to wear my auto inflatable PFD. The 4.5m length suits me to a tee and handles conditions offshore with ease. If you need the extra 0.3m.

If you’re ever up in Port Stephens, I’m happy to take you out for a ride in mine, if you like. (Might be a reason I can give the missus so I can go fishing!😂

Thanks for the reply Baz.

Mate I live in Port Stephens myself so anytime we could tee it up I could make it but I work through the week and you through the weekends. 

Are they the same hull as the renegades Baz? Are they stable at rest also? 

Thanks

Geoff 

Well you must love your extended family more than me mate hahaha.  Something larger to accomoadte them a few times a year to me isnt worth the expense.  And if they are anything like my family and/or mates, when i bought mine everyone said I'll come out with you......i have one regular fishing mate, only 1 member of my 40 person extended family has come out once, and most of my mates have never come out....thats in 10 years!

Personally, I don't see why you're thay concerned about the pfd rule, no different to putting a seatbelt on is it.

2 hours ago, garfield28 said:

Thanks heaps for the reply mii11x

The main reason I was looking at the 4.8 as against anything smaller was mainly the life jacket rule. I have a lot of family in Sydney and the bigger boat would allow me to take more on boat too if I were to have a few visit at once. 

Outboard I'd really like something around 75 - 90 in a 4 stroke 

Thanks for the reply Baz.

Mate I live in Port Stephens myself so anytime we could tee it up I could make it but I work through the week and you through the weekends. 

Are they the same hull as the renegades Baz? Are they stable at rest also? 

Thanks

Geoff 

I think the Stacers have their own hull design but I’m sure they perform similarly. I find it very stable at rest.

2 hours ago, mii11x said:

Well you must love your extended family more than me mate hahaha.  Something larger to accomoadte them a few times a year to me isnt worth the expense.  And if they are anything like my family and/or mates, when i bought mine everyone said I'll come out with you......i have one regular fishing mate, only 1 member of my 40 person extended family has come out once, and most of my mates have never come out....thats in 10 years!

Personally, I don't see why you're thay concerned about the pfd rule, no different to putting a seatbelt on is it.

I understand what you are saying mate, and to be honest it doesn't happen all that often but would like the extra length for when it does. 

I'd also really like it to have the bigger outboard, I'd really like the power there when I want it. 

41 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I think the Stacers have their own hull design but I’m sure they perform similarly. I find it very stable at rest.

I've read they're very similar. Is it a dry ride, and how do you rate it in a bit of slop if you've taken it outside in any Baz? 

1 hour ago, garfield28 said:

I understand what you are saying mate, and to be honest it doesn't happen all that often but would like the extra length for when it does. 

I'd also really like it to have the bigger outboard, I'd really like the power there when I want

Understood man.  Most of my fishing is estuaries and rivers, ive never done outside the heads anywhere ive fished so my 50 2stroke is perfect.

So did you get prices? Im curious to know, pm me if necessary

I've read they're very similar. Is it a dry ride, and how do you rate it in a bit of slop if you've taken it outside in any Baz? 

As dry as you can expect from an open boat, I guess. Most of the stuff gets pushed down and away but certain winds will throw spray at me. I cop it worst if it’s coming over the starboard quarter. Sometimes you just gotta grit your teeth and get wet! 😂 Sometimes I wish I had a higher wider windscreen to duck down behind. I tend to drive as fast as I can when I can (except when trolling and sounding around of course). The boat so far has handled anything I’ve thrown at it. @Scratchie has ridden in it a few times. He might give you a passenger’s opinion. Some days I can do 20-23 knots to Broughton, other days, 10-14. I went to the FAD once (12nm) and it was tougher than I’d expected and I could only cruise comfortably at about 9 knots, so I trolled all the way and picked up a stripey. 😎

Cancel that, just saw it in your stats. 

How do you rate the Evinrude? I used to hear so many things about them, but of late nothing but praise. Was speaking with my uncle on the weekend and discovered he has an Etec on the back of his Quintrex bowrider boat and he loves it! He said it so fuel economic that it is rediculas. He was giving it a massive wrap!

Thanks 

Geoff 

Cancel that, just saw it in your stats. 

How do you rate the Evinrude? I used to hear so many things about them, but of late nothing but praise. Was speaking with my uncle on the weekend and discovered he has an Etec on the back of his Quintrex bowrider boat and he loves it! He said it so fuel economic that it is rediculas. He was giving it a massive wrap!

Thanks 

Geoff 

I love the ETEC. It performs well. I have had a bit of a run of bad luck with it this year,  all covered under warranty and I suspect this is largely due to low usage. I really need to get out there more!

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I love the ETEC. It performs well. I have had a bit of a run of bad luck with it this year,  all covered under warranty and I suspect this is largely due to low usage. I really need to get out there more!

Berleyguts........what were the dramas have you had with the 60 ETEC?  What year model is it?  Obviously a 4stroke yeah?

32 minutes ago, mii11x said:

Berleyguts........what were the dramas have you had with the 60 ETEC?  What year model is it?  Obviously a 4stroke yeah?

ETECs are 2 strokes. Mine’s a 2013 model, purchased new in Jan 2014. I’ve only put about 150 hours on it. 50 in the first 3 years. I’ve had a few sensors replaced under warranty : throttle position sensor is one I remember, water intake, too, I think. Then earlier this year, (a few months out of warranty) something up under the flywheel went and they needed replacing as well as the flywheel, which was rusty. Evinrude came to the party for half the cost out of goodwill. As I said, I probably don’t use it enough... in fact I KNOW I don’t use it enough... I keep telling my wife! 😂 Still, apart from these few issues, I’m happy with how it performs. Hopefully, all issues have been fixed.

I just bought a quintrex 510 frontier and my mate has a quintrex 481 top ender. Both great boats to fish from and are good on all types of water.

Also have a look at the Clark range of boats.

I was open minded to all the brands when looking.  But went to the quintrex again mainly for the resale value and I liked the new shape of the frontier.

I also went the etec which is my second etec. I prefer these over the 4 strokes.

You also get 10 years warranty on the boat, motor trailer package when you put an etec on a telwater product.

Good luck with your purchase.

On 12/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, onearmedfisho said:

I love my Horizon 485 Northerner with my Motor Guide Xi5 up the bow. No life jacket needed and very capable offshore

485 Northerner 2.JPG

Nice rig mate... is that your boat? 

23 hours ago, sydney south said:

I just bought a quintrex 510 frontier and my mate has a quintrex 481 top ender. Both great boats to fish from and are good on all types of water.

Also have a look at the Clark range of boats.

I was open minded to all the brands when looking.  But went to the quintrex again mainly for the resale value and I liked the new shape of the frontier.

I also went the etec which is my second etec. I prefer these over the 4 strokes.

You also get 10 years warranty on the boat, motor trailer package when you put an etec on a telwater product.

Good luck with your purchase.

I believe the Clark boats are a bit pricey too mate. I did have a bit of a look at them online and found they aren't really much cheaper - if any than the Quintrex or Stcaers 

On 12/10/2019 at 6:11 PM, Berleyguts said:

ETECs are 2 strokes. Mine’s a 2013 model, purchased new in Jan 2014. I’ve only put about 150 hours on it. 50 in the first 3 years. I’ve had a few sensors replaced under warranty : throttle position sensor is one I remember, water intake, too, I think. Then earlier this year, (a few months out of warranty) something up under the flywheel went and they needed replacing as well as the flywheel, which was rusty. Evinrude came to the party for half the cost out of goodwill. As I said, I probably don’t use it enough... in fact I KNOW I don’t use it enough... I keep telling my wife! 😂 Still, apart from these few issues, I’m happy with how it performs. Hopefully, all issues have been fixed.

For some reason I thought they were 4 strokes.  Cheers man for the info on the dramas

12 hours ago, sydney south said:

Nice boat..

Was speaking to a bloke at work today and was told the Quintrex boats were only stitch welded not fully welded. He is looking at getting one but is paying extra to get it fully welded under the floor. For such an expensive boat it shocked me that they aren't done that way anyway. You have to pay extra to get it done. 

Was speaking to a bloke at work today and was told the Quintrex boats were only stitch welded not fully welded. He is looking at getting one but is paying extra to get it fully welded under the floor. For such an expensive boat it shocked me that they aren't done that way anyway. You have to pay extra to get it done. 

Thats interesting mate.  I thought that's why the cost of a Quintrex over my Brooker was justified.  I'm sure back in 2009 when I bought my Brooker, Quintrex had full welds, unlike my Brooker. I paid 18k for mine, same style and outboard in Quintrex or Stacer was about 7k more.

Not that I have had any issues (touchwood), but I only use mine in estuaries and rivers.  

I wonder how much extra it would cost to have it fully welded?

1 hour ago, mii11x said:

Thats interesting mate.  I thought that's why the cost of a Quintrex over my Brooker was justified.  I'm sure back in 2009 when I bought my Brooker, Quintrex had full welds, unlike my Brooker. I paid 18k for mine, same style and outboard in Quintrex or Stacer was about 7k more.

Not that I have had any issues (touchwood), but I only use mine in estuaries and rivers.  

I wonder how much extra it would cost to have it fully welded?

I also read somewhere that Quintrex are shipping the hulls in from China and building the rest around it here. 

Why would you pay extra for a Quintrex when the build is probably no better than any of its competitors..? 

Are there any known boat builders out there that sell their boats with fully welded hulls?

hi, 

I just brought this year a new Anglapro 444 sniper, What a great fishing boat it is with plenty of room and storage with the 60 horsepower on the back it rides so smooth  . I have no regrets in buying this boat. I highiy recommend the Anglapro boats!

Cheers 

IMG_4255.JPG

Cheers for the reply Joe.

Nice rig mate, can you please give me a ballpark figure on a rig like that?

How does it sit at rest, spoke to a guy at work who has been on his mates and he wasn't real impressed by the stability of the Anglapro but he didn't say what model he Wason either. Also do they do a model with the offshore washwell ?

I saw a Savage 455 Scorpion yesterday at the boat ramp and it also was a real nice looking rig... Anyone had a ride in one? Would be interested to hear how they ride etc.