Reel for spartan S100-4/6

Ali2196

Hey guys! I recently picked up the new 2019 daiwa spartan S100-4/6 and now I’m in need of a reel to suit so I can complete my kingfish outfit.. I was suggested to match the rod with a saltiga or saltist but I was wondering if there were any cheaper reelsI could go with which would have similar Specs? 

thanks fishos and tight lines!

Don't buy Daiwa reels. The aftermarket is bad. There are a lot of Raiders on this forum have ended up in tears.

Buyer beware, of course you will be told by the faithfull there is nothing wrong with Daiwa reels.

Cheers.

Saltist should do fine if you are on a budget and more into Daiwa's line of reels (or if you would consider shimano's line of reels, the Saragosa). The rod is more important than the reel anyways, as long as you work it properly. Just remember that's a PE4-6 setup you're using when choosing the line. I'd probably look more into what line to use and not skimp out on that part. IMO it's more important than the rod or reel as that is what connects you to the fish and there are heaps of options out there.

This is just my opinion, many would probably argue the reel is more important and you should invest more in that area, but I think if you plan on using it is a winch, then yeah, focus more in the reel if that's the case.