Bull shark

mii11x

So flicking for bream and flatties in shallow water a couple of weeks ago in the woronora, I hooked up to this.

What fun!!!!  Unexpected to say the least and suprising my line and leader didn't snap.

Caught on my 2-5kg tcurve tourny series, 2500 sol with 4 lb fireline and 8lb vanish leader.  1/8th size 1 tt jighead and berkley 2" worm. Knot to join lines was double uni.

I was in 700mm of water according to the HDS Live.

20191123_094409.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like it has been hooked at least once before with that huge lump of what looks like a 16/0 or larger Stainless hook hanging out the side of it's face.

You done extra well to land that thing on the gear you describe. Did you try to remove that hook ?.

Frank

On 12/10/2019 at 7:35 PM, mii11x said:

So flicking for bream and flatties in shallow water a couple of weeks ago in the woronora, I hooked up to this.

What fun!!!!  Unexpected to say the least and suprising my line and leader didn't snap.

Caught on my 2-5kg tcurve tourny series, 2500 sol with 4 lb fireline and 8lb vanish leader.  1/8th size 1 tt jighead and berkley 2" worm. Knot to join lines was double uni.

I was in 700mm of water according to the HDS Live.

20191123_094409.jpg

nice mate i fish the wonny regularly. trying to picture where you were with the signs in the background but im not sure???

8 hours ago, onearmedfisho said:

nice mate i fish the wonny regularly. trying to picture where you were with the signs in the background but im not sure???

I was drifting the shallows, the first navigation marked corner of the wonny. I was 700mm deep when I hooked up. Photo was taken maybe 200m away

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Certainly a fun and good capture on the light gear. It would have gone like the clappers.

As they say its not a Bull Shark ... see above, plus @James Clain wrote a good piece back in October about Bull Sharks and the size you will encounter in Sydney. 

Thanks again James 

Glad my write up is still in use i'm proud of it! Thanks.

• Like 1